Monday, May 23, 2011

Page 557 ~ Listing to one side

I woke up feeling.. energized. Uht oh. Silken? With energy? Yikes! Someone warn the Outriders.. hide the children and run for your lives!!! heh. Nahhhhh... Im not.. that bad... am I?? ::grins with a snort::
Ok.. so I will admit that when Im torqued up... things tend to go bad.. for me. But I cant help it.. Im a victim of circumstance. Besides... isnt it good to feel good? for once?
I think so.
So... I greeted the day with a big ole stretch from the wagon platform and a nice big bowl of blackwine. While leaning on the railing... just watching the camp rise and shine for their day... I looked over to my new neighbor's wagon and found a pair of eyes staring back. "Uhhhh Morning Krono" I said.. kinda shyly... He nodded with that lopsided grin and I turned around to find... something.. else?? to look at. I heard the chuckle He let out.. and that threw my cheeks into flaming fire. Damn. Casually... I headed back into my wagon and stood at the door for a few Ehn... then peeked back out to see if He was there. Nope! Ahhhh good. Proceeding down my steps and over to my fire... I started some breakfast for the kids. I heard the chuckling once more.. and looked over my shoulder to see Krono walking by once more. "Smell's good" He said and that blush returned. "Thanks... hungry?" I said to Him and He nodded. " I could eat" So...I fixed Him a plate and then took off to tend to some things. By the time I returned.. He was gone. Bull and Taeleah told me He said thanks and that He would see me later. I had work to do in the Nightmare... potions and salve's that needed to be jarred and then put into the supply wagon. I sent the kids off to study and wound my way to the Nightmare. Once inside I finished my morning duties and chores and found nothing else to occupy my time by mid-day.
So... I sat there and checked a few things in my medical journal's and suddenly found myself.. doodling. Now... I can't draw to save my life. Stick figures yeah... but.. draw?? No. tanya was always good for that. she could draw something that was like real life. But me? uht un. I have no idea where the symbol's came from.. or what they meant.. but here they were... on my paper.. and I was clueless. I tore the page from my book and tucked it into a pocket. Wasnt sure who I would ask... or if I even would. Sometimes.. I just confused myself.
I found myself wandering down by the stream... always reaching back to make sure that lil piece of paper was still in my pocket. For some reason... it made me itself very known that it was there. It felt warm in my pocket... and .. foreign at times. More and more... I became curious as to what was on it. And finally... I couldnt stand it anymore. I sat beside the water and took out the paper .. studied it.. and studied it.. turning my head side to side... leaning to one side ... hoping something would make sense. It didnt. Nothing did.
I crumpled up the paper.. and was about to toss it into the stream... when I heard...
"Stop"
I was almost afraid to turn around.......

No comments: