Monday, June 13, 2011

Page 561 ~ Rental agreement

It was a hard day for me. Harder yet that I knew once I got back to my wagon that there was no one waiting for me.. other than Bull and Taeleah. I find it hard to not have someone of an adult mind to speak too. And I do tend to have a short fuse with the kids lately. I try to just tell them that Momma's tired and I could use some time to wind down.. hoping to avoid the mass of kid questions that come with our together time. This night was no different as I returned and sat near the fire... but what exactly came from Bull's mouth.. simply floored me. First thing I noticed was His unusual quietness. He sat beside me..stiring the ground with a foot and I assume that was my cue to ask the question. So.. I did. "What's wrong Bull?" I said and He sighed. "Nothin" Was His response. I waited... wondering.. and I knew that wasnt all. I shrugged and nodded.. "Ok Bull... if you say so" I said... and started to get up. "Momma?" Bull whispered and I sat back down having known this was coming. "Yes son" I said... and what followed was a long barrage of questions and concerns from such a yung soul. Basically.. Bull had become aware of the changing of the greys. He had heard that their Papa was no longer Ubar.. and that Ash and I were no longer Mates. Now.... my poor baby worried that it meant He was no longer loved and was sure that He had to leave. He was also concerned...and I have to admit.. so was I.. about the whereabouts of their Papa. There had been no word from Ash in a very long time. No one had seen Him and I was beginning to wonder if He still lived.
I did my best to comfort my lil man. I told Him that things would be fine... that Krono had taken over and He would help us. A few more questions that I seemed to satisfy and Bull was happy again. I didnt tell Bull more that He needed to know. I didnt tell Him more about Krono..not yet.. because frankly.. Im not even sure where that road is going.
So after Bull left to play with His sister.. I was sitting there.. feeling kinda down. I heard a familar whistle an round the wagon came Krono. He had friend with Him. A beautiful white kaiila. I was given the reins and instructions to "try him" I hesitantly mounted the large kaiila and gave it a small test drive. He was great and I loved Him. I hadnt had my own kaiila since I lost Red in the plains fire.. and the rent-a-kaiila's Ive been using left me mostly bruised and bounced about. While Krono stood there with a grin... it crossed my mind that His intentions could have been to win me over with gifts. Not that this is a bad thing.. but there was more to winning me over with such things. If Krono wanted to win me over.. there was only one thing He needed to do....
Question is....
Would He figure it out?

No comments: