Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Page 550 ~ Spoiled

It was Jax that followed me to my latest hiding spot. Seems He spoke with the Ubar's guards and now has a more... bigger responsibility. Me. Not just.. following along on my trade routes anymore... but guarding the Ubara. *makes a face* Frankly.. I do not care for the usage of that word. At least for me. It doesnt seem real.. and certainly.. doesnt roll off the tongue. I called Ash.. Ubar. It sounded weird. He agreed. He called me Ubara.. it sounded.. wierd also. I agreed. So.. we decided to just be what were always were and always will be. Good ole Ash and Silken. Commander and Free Woman of the Tuchuk.
But anyway.. that wasnt what sent me in a tailspin and off to hide in an old wagon of Shi's. It was something Ash had said. We talked just alittle about all the new responsibilites. And He reaffirmed that He would need me more now than ever.. and wanted to be sure that when things for His day were all said and done.. or He had been called away to speak with someone.. He just wanted to know that I would be there... waiting for Him.. ready to assist.. ready to pull Him back down to the ground so things just didnt seem like.... messed up. I assured Him that I was going no where.. and would do nothing differently. I would always be waiting for Him... well.. I did give Him a few exceptions to which He laughed heartily. What followed then.. was the statement that.. "Everything has come full circle, Silken" Beyond that... everything He said.. was just a blur. Not once.. but twice.. I had now heard this. Was this my own personal Omen? Was the Sky just.. sticking that dagger a little bit deeper between my ribs and giving it a small twist? Suddenly... I felt.... sick. I told Ash I had people waiting at my healers wagon... and hurried off quickly. I wanted to tell Him... I wanted to scream.. cry... throw a tantrum... but knew I could not. Several times as I walked the rows in the darkness... I stopped and turned back.. intent on finding Ash and just... laying it all out on the table. But I couldnt. What if He laughed? What if He just.. tried to convince me.. it wasnt what I thought? When there are only two people I could actually tell this too.. that might understand... yet... might think me silly??? Fonce and Tarra. I had stopped by Tarra's wagons.. but was told She was not available. Understandable.. She is very busy I suppose. We all are. And Fonce... well.. He already thinks me insane... so.. its just better to deal with it... even badly on my own.
So... I was sitting in this old beat up wagon of Shi's when I heard boots on the steps. The door opened and in walked Jax. Now... Jax has been with me since.. well.. since I was little. He did not become a more prominant figure in my life until Jerus. When He was made Commander of the guards that would follow on trade routes. Once Jerus died... all the other's left... taking other positions and what not. But Jax stayed. We have a love hate relationship.. and probably always will... but the Man has stuck His neck out for me more than once.. and lost a few pints of blood on more than one occasion... and even had some of His ass chewed out for a few of my adventures. But I know that no matter what... He always has my best interest at hand. He came into the wagon this night and grabbed me rather hard by the arm... yanking me from the wagon and back outside where I was ushered... and none to gently... by the shoulder back to our wagons. He sat me down with a shove to the shoulder and fingers around my neck and said only two words. "Your Spoiled" I lifted a brow... then frowned and snapped at Him. "What? Are you crazy?" I said. He shook His head and wagged a finger at me. "You cannot just walk off Silks. Not anymore. Your Spoiled. You need to stop running from Ash.... You need to tell Him" He said again. "Tell Him what?" I said and Jax laughed. "You know damn well, what.. Woman" He said and I looked away. Jax knew everything... my secrets... my fears.. loves.. hates.. and yes.. He knew things from when I was little as well. This was a moment when I didnt need Him prying into my brain. He told me that He was going to get Ash and would lock us both in the wagon until this was straightened out. I told Him.. good luck trying... I was always a master escape artist. Soon as He left.. I made a dash for the bathing wagons. I knew that was one place He would not enter. Latching the door behind me... I readied a nice hot steaming bath and undressed to slide into the lapping hot water. It enveloped me like a cozy blanket... and I sighed... trying to let the days events literally.. wash away. And almost suceeded... till that knock came at the door...
"Go away" I said... angry now that someone had disturbed me. "I will not" came the reply... Jax's reply no less. Heh. I ignored Him. "Silken? If you do not open this door, by the count of three... I will break it down" Jax said. I only chuckled.... and listened.
"One" I looked to the door... waiting.... waiting....
"Two?" Grinning... He wouldnt... no.. He wouldnt dare. I waited more.
"Three!!" Came and nothing happened.. so I settled back into the water with a smirk....
that is...
until the door cracked and splintered the frame .... flew open and the latch went flying across the room.....

No comments: