Jax. Ash. Two completely different Men but both bosk-headed.. stubborn and in need of a cod piece full of itching powder. True... I love them both... differently. Ash is my Mate. My rock. Everything that I could want or need in a Man. Jax is like a big pain in the ass brother. One that likes to poke and pull my braid.. but would jump in front of a runaway wagon to push me out of its path. Ash has never liked Jax.. from day one. Perhaps its the closeness we share. Or perhaps Ash is just a teensy-weensie bit jealous that Jax is always with me.. and He cannot be. It was never more evident than tonight. Jax had sent word to Ash that we needed to talk. I was not too happy about this.. but I did not argue. So when Ash showed up and Jax started to prod me to speak to Him... things went ass up. First I was bickering with Jax and Ash walked away. Jax goes to approach Ash and just tell Him that I was worried about a few things. The cock fight begins. Mines bigger than yours... well.. not so much those words... but.. akin to them. I gave up. Both of them can stand there and talk.. or rip each other to shreads. Dont matter to me. I have enough on my plate... that I do not need to listen to that. So... I left. Last I saw was the two .. stand-off'in each other as I disappeared down the rows. Yeah.. I needed to talk.. but I was not about to speak to Ash in that mind set. There are just some days that your man needs a whack upside the head with a heavy skillet. This would have to wait till we were not at the main fires. So.. where was I?? Ohh yes.. walking the rows. Didnt take me long to weave around the Harigga before I heard a soft sobbing. Following the sniffles.. I came across a young girl.. no more than four.. maybe five. She looked familar.. but I could not place where or whom I had seen Her with. She sat on the steps of a small wagon... a lil dollie in Her lap that Her tiny fingers stroked gently. When I approached and crouched down... She looked at me with tear stained cheeks and swollen eyes. Immediately.. they widened and She sat up. "Your the healer !" She squeeled and I myself was a bit surprised. "Why.. yes... I am.. but.. how did you know?" I wiped my thumb across a small cheek. "Cause you got fire hair" She said.. and touched my braid that hung over my shoulder. "Ahhhhhh." I nodded... She's heard of me. Interesting. "So.. what has you so upset lil one?" I asked and She lifted Her dollie up. I noted that an arm had torn free of the torso and rolled seperate in Her little palm. "Her arm's boken" She whispered. "May I see??" I asked.. reaching for the dollie which was pulled back from me and a warning gaze given. I smiled and spoke softly... "I promise not to hurt her anymore" I crossed my heart and the young one hesitantly relinquinshed possession of the doll. "Hmmmm... " I put on my best astute face.. studying the doll. The little one whispered.. "Is she gonna die??" I had to bite back a small chuckle and in turn rolled back to sit on my bum. "I think... I can save Her." I said and a chime of uplifted cheers came from the lil girl. Letting my medical satchel slide from my shoulder... I took out needle and thread and began to restitch the arm back into place. It was such a simple little thing.. I wondered why the childs Mother had not thought of it. But in no time.. the dollie had her arm back... and the lil one was all smiles and giggles. She hugged that lil doll.. kissed it and brushed back its woven lil braids. I was surprised as I went to get up by a tackle of a hug that sent us all rolling back to the ground. The lil one kissed my cheek and thanked me. I was humbled as we sat back up... and brushed a few strands of the girl's hair back into place. I tapped the dollie clutched in her hand. "Now.. you make sure your Momma gives her some extra treats tonight after dinner. She needs to heal." I said with a smile. The young one never batted a lash and whispered ... "My Momma's up in the Sky" I frowned.. it all made sense now. "Im sorry lil one." I said softly... cupping a cheek and then rising. "It's ok.. I gots my dollie back!" The girl chirped. "Yes... yes you do. And you two take care of each other." She gave me a big wave and a toothy grin and ran back up into the wagon. I stood outside that wagon for sometime... just staring and listening to the giggles that rose in the air from the little girl. How happy she was with just the little she had. Suddenly... I felt.... shame. Here... I had everything I could ever want... and I was off pouting. I turned and headed quickly back to my wagons... right to my children.. who... all got hugs and kisses. I put out a bowl of candies I had made and let them eat to their hearts content. Gathering up Tae from Aunt's arms.. I went in search of Ash. That bosk-headed big lug was going to get an earfull from me. I needed to hug Him too.. I needed to kiss Him.. I needed to tell Him just how much I loved Him and needed Him.
I rounded the corner of a wagon to see Him and Jax still standing there....
thats when I realized... they never knew I left.
and.... I laughed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment