
A moment in time. A breath caught in the throat. Air that burns the lungs... gasping just for comfort. I am afraid to look.. I am afraid to close my eyes. To sleep.. perchance to dream... to be tormented within the blackness. To lie awake and count the beating of my heart.. stiring from side to side in avoidance of life. It is so dark that I could not see anything before me if it were there... not even my own hand as I wave it in front of my eyes. There.. in the darkness could be my wraith.. staring me down with a smile.. catching my breath and stealing it. Or does it wait.. letting fear build.. waiting for the right moment when I tilt my head and expose the jugular. I feel every hair on my arms stand.. prickled by this unseen temper and the ribbons of it's evil aura stretch out like tenticles to invade my space... wrapping around the soft flesh of my throat. Fingers like barbedwire reach into my chest and weave around my heart. A vise like grip.. cold.. calculated and deadly. This is my moment in time... my time to grasp what I wish from my darkness. Be it fear or strenght.. it is mine. To hell with my wraith.. I give you no power over me. I take back all the tears and frightened runs through the forest. No more blind stumbling steps... looking over my shoulder. You will chase me no more vile beast. Return to the recesses of scaired little girl dreams and thoughts. Back to the depths of sacrifice and torture where you belong. A pit of turmoil and destruction is your home. There is no room for you here. For I have found my salvation and light. It is my darkness... and I embrace thee. Wrap your blanket around my body and secure my soul in your divine chill. Touch me as my lover.. caress my mind.. follow each curve of my flesh with your passion... for I no longer fear you. I want you... I need you. Your are..... my darkness.
~ A small part of a greater one of my workings ~

No comments:
Post a Comment