
It was the girl's hesitance that should have tipped me off that something was wrong. tanya... was nosing around my fires.. cleaning.. and frankly under my heels. It finally earned her a swat upside the head to which she appologized profusely. Heh. I like that girl. Once I got her face out of the dirt from that position she had dropped into... I bid her to sit and talk. I hadnt had much time to do so since.. well.. since I moved, shall we say. she's been taking care of the twin's and they were my main topic of conversation. How were they? Was she doing as I ordered and telling them every Ehn that I loved them? Was she reminding them that I would see them soon? Playing with them? Giving them my messages.. notes and gifts? On down the line of questioning it went. I was overly pleased with the answers.. though having them there.. with me.. in my arms was the only thing that would ultimately satisfy my desire.
I then redirected my line of fire towards the next incline of interest. Had she done the latest thing I requested? That's when she grew nervous and figety. "Spill it tanya" I said. And the girl lost all color in her face.. later I would I find out that she feared when she told me.. I would just start to pluck one hair at a time from her head out of anger. So it seems.. my gift I sent over to Fonce was never delivered... err yet. According to tanya. Now... if anyone knows what Im up to... or what gear my brain is working in.. it is that girl. she is my deliverer of packages.. sender of notes... etc. she knew well of the small scroll I had taken in an odd way to Him. she knew that Jax had to prod me in the right direction because of my own reservations of it even being handed off. So sitting there perplexed.. I asked her why my gift was not given as requested. she wove a tale of how she intended to do just that.. just what I ordered. Yet when she arrived at Fonce's fires... she saw Him crouched near the flames... burning something. "Something?" I asked.. and the rest of tanya's color drained when she told me it was a scroll. Much like the one I had sent over. "Ah.. I see" I said and nodded. I didnt let it show outwardly how much I was disappointed. tanya folded over to the ground at my feet like a bosk had slammed into her back. she appologized profusely. I did take hold of her hair and lift her back up... a slow smile as she flintched.. expecting a slap across the face or something. But nothing ever did come her way. I told her to leave the small package at my wagon. I then took out parchment and scribbled a few words on it. "Would like to speak with you when you get a moment. ~S " Told the girl to deliver this to Fonce. And tanya rose.. confused.. frowning in question as to why she was leaving my fires in one piece. I further stunned her by offering a smile and a motion of shoo ! with my hands. she was off and running in no time.
I sat by my fires for the longest time. Deep in thought.. and of course not good one's. Perhaps He didnt like it. Perhaps it was just to stupid of me to send such an endearment. I dont know... I never could figure people out. I guess it was time to stop trying. I looked over to the package on my steps. I would still give it to Him.. it had been made for Him. I was not one to waste supplies or time. Yeah.. I'd make sure He got it.
I spoke with Jax a few moments... then headed off to sleep. I was going over tomorrow to see Cana and the babies. Help Her out some and keep busy. I had a few crates of clothes that would be brought over as well. Lying in my furs.. I listened to the silence. In a way.. the mirage of thoughts that ran by my brain was hardly a bother. It sent me into such an overload that I was asleep in no time.
Interesting enough that... when I woke the next morning.. I had my boots on. My wagon was covered in muddy footprints and sopping wet. I took the boots off.. holding them upside down to drain the remaining water I was swimming in. Was this a joke? I looked around.. nothing out of place. Hmmm. Odd. So I headed over to Cana's... but I couldnt get this latest twist out of my mind.
Where did the mud come from... and
where had I gone?

No comments:
Post a Comment