Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Page 453 ~ Within the grass


The twins had bathed and we all readied to head off to the spot for Garyx pyre. We stood back from the other's for two reasons. One... I had to get back to a Woman in labor that was ready to give birth any moment. And Two... I did not want to further aggravate Tarra. In the past hands... we have not spoken for more than a simple greeting. I knew that She was upset over something.. and frankly.. I didnt want to get into an discussion over whatever it was. When I had been confined to one of Ba'atar's wagons way back when... I had the hope She might come. I had the hope many might. But She knew of the struggle I held with Shi and what He was doing. I was wrong about alot of things. Once.. I had made an attempt to go and see Her after news of Garyx passing... but was met with Ulric and the words She wasnt seeing anyone right now. Understandable. So the boys and I.. said our wishes for Garyx journey quietly among the grass and then I had to leave. (Got called into work)

Jax kept the twins to stay for the full event. I returned to Erin's wagon. The Woman was young and Mated to an older.. more hardened Warrior. She struggled with the birth but Shanay assisted beautifully. Erin is a tiny thing.. and the birth of a rather large boy gave Her difficulty in the shoulder area. It took both of us to manuver the small boy from Erin.. but eventually His cries were heard clear. It was close to the 20th Ahn when everyone could finally rest and we all could return back to our wagons. Jax and the boys were already there and I readied them for bed. They were full of questions that I insisted would have to wait until morning. I was tired myself. There was much work to be done tomorrow. It never stopped. But... that is how life on the Plains would have it.

No comments: