
Nothing has brought me comfort as much as having Vee and Ess with me these past hands. It ease's the heartache that I feel in missing my other children. To my surprise.. Dakota returned last night. It was late and a very excited Jax entered my wagon to rouse me from a light sleep. I didnt have to dress other than to throw on a thick fur and wrap it around me... stepping out onto the platform. His smile was as bright as the Central fire on a cloudless day. He'd grown so much... inside and out. Physically I saw it immediatly and did the Motherly scan of Him before I ran down the steps and over to Him. Kota pulled me into an embrace that told me how much He missed me and for a moment with His size and body type... I felt His Father, Steel around me. How proud He would be... I thought to myself and I smiled up to my oldest son. He wrapped an arm around me.. much as His Father used to.. escorting me to our fires where we sat and talked. He told me of all the children and how they were growing very irrated with being away. It was as if someone had snapped a blanket off their heads and the mood changed. They were thankful to have spent time with Aunt and Jerus' family at the back wagons... but now they wanted to be home. Dakota had readied everything and the kids began the trip back to the first wagons. Kota told me how He would return to the small caravan in the morning and bring the train of three wagons back to their rightfull place. It was only fitting that for the move South all of my personal clan be as one. I nearly shot up from my seat when I heard about the move. I'd forgotten... only in the mental sense of it. My body told me it was time.. I was aching for warm air and breezes that made you close your eyes.. tilt you head back and take in the scents of fresh flower tinted air. Dakota took my wrist and led me back to sit.. pulled into His shoulder and a warm embrace. He bid me not to worry. He had His men... I'd also forgotton He was a commander of His own Or. Flip and Flop would be back... and Enu and Raz would also return. I nodded and then He dropped a question that had me all achy inside... "Would Shi be around to help" I could only shrug and tell Him that.. I had not seen hide nor hair of Him since the parting of ways. I knew He was beyond busy... and I was hardly a focus of His concern or attention.. as it should be. But I had Vee and Ess. Another thought that made me smile. Kota nodded and said not to worry... we would somehow get all the wagons ready.. the bosk and so forth.. that we would be fine. I doubted Him of course... if only slightly.
We spoke well into the night and past the break of day. Vee and Ess woke to cooking bosk strips and eggs. It had been long since they saw Kota but were none shy at the sight of their oldest brother. Both ran to Him and He gathered them up to be tossed into the air. I watched as He ruffled their hair and sat with them to be served breakfast. It was a sight beyond words. Slowly my life.. my family was returning.. and soon the sounds of my campsite would be once more filled with the laughter of my kids. Jax rose from a good nights sleep... and we all sat around the fire.. eating.. talking.. laughing and joking. Dakota asked if He could take His brother's out to meet the rest of the wagons... and two sets of eyes looked to me with hope. I of course nodded and smiled. "Yes.. bring them all home my Son's!... We will now ready to move South... how wonderful that will be." I sent them off with food and water.. standing beside Jax as I was waving.
"Soon, Jax... Soon. My life returns"
But not soon enough for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment