Sunday, March 15, 2009

Page 455 ~ Spring waters


Not that it is possible to tell... but to me... I sense the coming of the season by the water. Call it crazy... but it even smell's different. It's fresh.. crisp and moves faster. Like it has a purpose... to nourish the grass... the flowers and the beasts that rely on its life. The stream has always been my favorite place... to relax .. to think... to work. I never minded doing the laundry for just this reason. Today was no different. I had Vee and Ess' tunics to clean.. this led me happily to my favorite spot where washing began. The small garments were scrubbed.. twisted.. snapped loose then hung to drying reeds. I couldnt help the song that slipped forth.. smiling.. living. I wasnt there long... alone at least in my plight... and greeted with one of my favorite voices had me pause in my duty and turn. I hadnt been able to find Fonce these past few hands... His work.. and mine kept our paths from crossing. But in just those few moments of smiles and greetings... I realized just how much I missed Him. I told Him how sorry I was for His loss.. and offered my help should there be anything I could do. In His usual way of averting direction from Himself... He said that it was He who should be asking me if I needed anything. In truth... I had a million things to do to ready for the move. I did not hide this from Him... though I did shorten the list to a few things. He gladly accepted responsibility... at least made it seem that way to me. I more think it a task... and I still do not like to be considered a burden or one in need of help. But I would not fight it... not this time. I had been off helping other's tend to things and really let my own priorities go. Jax had seen to the wagon contents being tied down. I still had to pick the bosk teams from the herds.. ready the tack... the wagon's needed wheel work and the canvas' needed fixing. It was overwhelming. I was so thankful to have His assistance.

The repair list turned direction to talking of other things. The diversion from the move was nice. The discussion at hand now was an ease to my mind. Fonce always laid things out and picked them apart with such care that they made sense... like the answer was right there. I always say... "How did I miss that?" It was always right there in front of me... He just makes it seen so much easier for my mind. I would take His advice to heart and mind. Only hoping that sometime... I might return the favor to Him. I still want to get to know Him... it's just not easy. This is something I need to expand on in my efforts.

I had more work to return to... as did He. And we left each other's company with chuckles and smiles. It always felt good to smile. That... tension had returned though. Not a bad one... but.. a good one. One that made the flesh tingle and the mind race. I held a wicked grin the rest of the day. Even after the laundry had dried and been folded. I baked Him some bread... packed up some jerky and delivered them to His wagon's. Finding one of His slaves... I gave her a string of beads and instructions as to how to present the small token's of my thanks. she would be allowed to keep the beads if her Owner deemed her worthy of them. Although I did not know her name... I knew she would take the responsibility of presenting my items in the way I had instructed.

I sat near my fires... preparing dinner. Damn... smiling. How is that just possible? I felt my forehead... and I smiled more. Yup... I had a fever.....

Spring fever.

No comments: