
I had felt fairly good the past two days. Work was a bite in the ass... long hard hours were maintained... but it felt good to be constantly busy. It kept my mind from wandering to those places I dont care to visit at the moment. I did have the honor... of meeting this new Iron Worker while visiting Ash at the Forge. His name is Ronin. And... He is a loser. He rubbed me the wrong way right from the start. When Ash told me that Ayguili had spoken to Him about this Man... I had to back off alittle. Reluctantly. This Man was claiming to be Tuchuk.. but everything about Him screamed dweller. True.. I do not know every Tuchuk that resides on the plains... but there was something about this one that made me more than uneasy. Needless to say... my panties began to bunch. So I asked this Ronin... "How are the Bosk?" And I waited.. and waited .. and waited some more... and finally I got an answer. "Good." Uh.... what the fuck? "Good???" I said. My eyes bore into this hunk of flesh... and my internal switch flipped to ON. "And the quiva's?" I asked... narrowing my gaze. Again... I waited.. and waited.. and oh.. guess what??... I waited! But suddenly.... "Sharp.. they are sharp. Ohhh and the Bosk are as well as can be." This snit pipes up. Fuckin' Ash... I wanted to slap Him upside the head for helping this Man.
The knot started to get tighter and venture into my... neither regions. The Man asked Ash if there was a way to get on my good side. I proposed a wager with this new Iron Master. I said.. If He could take a six inch spike and hammer it into a block of wood.. using only one object of my choice.. and that object would be chosen from something in the Forge.... I would lighten up. If I won.. He had to do my laundry for three weeks. If He won.. I would be civil to Him. About that time Tarra arrived and listened in. The IronMaster agreed to my wager. So I led Him to the block of wood.. handed Him the spike.. and proceeded to tell Him. Hammer this in.. all six inches.. using nothing but... your pecker. You could feel the smirks within the room. Tarra found it amusing. I was getting more irritated with the Man's backpeddling. I was going to have some serious chaffing if I didnt get out of there. So Ronin leaves and then Tarra.. after She gave Ash a task to do for Her. I toyed around the Forge a bit.. getting into things Ash obviously didnt want me to. I heard.. Becareful... we are low on tools. Dont break that. Easy... I need that. I'd had enough. So I left. I headed out into the darkness to try and dislodge my atomic wedgie. I started to look for my kaiila... which.. I havent seen hide nor hair of. Also.. this is good. The red kaiila isnt that hard to spot.. if he is not dirty and dust covered. I havent given up hope. After this next move.. I will check the pens to see if I can find Him.
Oh... yes. That brings me to that. The next move.
It was late when I decided my panties were finally resting normally and my switch had returned to OFF. Since I was calm... I ventured to the stream near the healers group of wagons and was surprised to find a large group there. Cana.. Fonce.. Sev.. Ash.. Yamka.. and Ongel. Later... Ayg and Kaeli joined. The few Ahn's we spent together was nice. Ash was about as distant as Turia... I can only assume because of all the work He is under. The banter... none the less.. was light and welcomed. Cana is already eyeing me as a target. She wants revenge for me making Her upchuck when She was with child. I think She will have Her just due. It was good to see Cana. Good to see Her with some fire in Her eyes. I missed Her.
It was after She left that the discussion turned to Her. Not in a bad way... not gossip or speaking behind Her back kind of way... but about the past days and seeing a side of Her no one ever expected. I listened as Ayg and Kaeli spoke of Her throwing a fit. Cursing? Ohh hell yes... words they did not know She even had in Her vocabulary. I found a few refrences rather amusing.. and would have to remember them. Shredding furs and tearing things up? Cana? The gentle soul? Nahh.. couldnt be possible. And had I not heard it from the kaiila's mouths for myself.. I would not believe it. Now... I knew what Cana was going thru.. been there done that.. a few times in my life. But I started to get irritated the more I listened to them about their concern. Dont get me wrong... I am concerned about Cana... and I understand fragile states. But what the hell is wrong with anyone throwing a knock down.. drag out.. hissy fit of a tantrum? She has every right too. My switch flipped. ON. I started thinking about my own tantrums I had had when similar things occured to me. But mine were seen as selfish and irrational. Childish and foolish. So what made Her's different? Because She is this gentle calming soul? And What...??? Im a pool of liquid fuel just waiting for a spark to ignite it? Well.. hell yeah. That's my nature. Now.. I was pissed. Not at Cana... but at those that had said these things to me when I was torqued up. Ash did nothing to even notice my mood change. Too busy with the Forge. Even that.. pissed me off... tho I know He has a duty to attend to. I did not hold Him personally responsible for this flip of the switch. Not yet at least. So when He said He would be going to work at the Forge.. that He had order's from Ayguili to make sure the wagon's had wheels... I didnt not argue. But then.. Kaeli mentioned that Jai always kept a set of furs in His Forge.. I assume a hint that I could stay there.. with Ash. But the big bosk either didnt catch it... or didnt want me there. I bid them Good Night. The move was in two days to find grass for the bosk. The healer's had enough work for three times our numbers. Ayguili saw to it we would have wagon's for the still injured and healing.. we would have extra furs.. we would get Men and slaves to help prepare the wagon's to venture towards grass. I walked.. first towards the Nightmare... intending to work well into the night and past morning. But I made a right turn and headed out onto the plains. I had to walk this off. I had to figure out these emotions. I had to sort thru the things bouncing in my head. I rationalized.. then countered with my own rebutal. On Off On Off On Off........... ON. *growl*
And there it stayed.




No comments:
Post a Comment