Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Page 408 ~ Bound as one


There is little time to write.. the Tuchuk are on the move. North we head.. to warmer air and and blankets of grass to feed the bosk. My mood has remained constant but Ive managed to step aside a few times and enjoy myself and other's as we stop for the night. Jai and Teng have sorta taken me under their wings.. helping with things I need done and suppling food for me and my pack of redheads. I expressed my gratefulness to Jai and it was good to hear that I was family. We are all family yes.. bound together with a common bond of love and support.. but there is something deeper to know your related to someone more than just by Tribe. I didnt feel alone in this vastness of people.. anymore. I have Jai.. and I have His son Teng.... Whom I see as a Nephew. Then there is Kaeli.. a new young healer and the object of Jai's eye. They are a good pair and I would be happy to see them join. I have offered the Pink Nightmare and supplies to Her as She begins Her journey among the Tuchuk as a healer. I would hope She would come to me with any questions or needs in our clan. When I heard She made Tribe... I sent a basket of goodies over as a gift of welcoming. I was surprised in return that the Woman sent me gifts back. It was not necessary but it was so nice to be thought of. I now have a beautiful mortar and pestule of blue and gold hues.. and a lovely hand made healing satchel. I dont know if I could ever use them.. they are so pretty... but I keep them in the Nightmare.. to remind me that yes.. there are those that care about me.

Tarra and I had one of our little mouthy jests... no.. we did not fight... but we had one hell of a time teasing and laughing about each other. It was an amazing night. I felt more love in that moment than I have in many turnings since we started the move. We wrestled alittle.. poked fun at each other.. all a precourse for our usual scuffle that always seems to happen during the move North. Must be the chill of the air. Im actually looking forward to that broken nose... its just that good. I missed Her. I missed talking to Her.. and I will find the time one of these nights to go visit. Maybe we can talk alone... I do still need Her guidence.

On another note.. Ina had somehow rode up to the caravan the other day. It was a mix of emotions and some not too nice. Tarra came along and reminded Ina that the boy She took from the plains was not Her's and was to be returned. This caused many a harsh word and threats.. but in the end.. what was right would be carried out.

Ba'atar's brother took to tracking Ina down when She tried to leave. That Man is odd. For some reason He does not return my greeting when I extend one.. and He has been less than civil... but.. He is a Man. Its no sweat off my brow. My first impressions are usually the best. And this one has been made.

Nette and I took off to ride the line of wagons also. Just to clear our minds. We talked for awhile... about things that mattered and things that didnt. It was just two Women still trying to find their place... as it always will be I suppose. I wound up returning early into the morning and salting Kaeli's wagon with some of that famous Itching powder... figured it was time She be christened.

Beta.. that damn kaiila is still spinning circles. Impossible to ride. Ive decided He will be glue. Im now using some of Jax's and Dakota's beasts... though my son has trained His well and Ive warded off a few bites that left a colorful mark.

There are many thoughts bouncing around this head of mine... and these are just a few memories of the trail. More will come as I remember them.. and as I find time to put them down.

The wagon's ready to move again.. there are many chores to complete. Healing and tending the familys... readying foods when we stop.. keeping our Men warm and fed... keeping everyone's spirits up. The list is endless.. but we do it without batting an eye. It is life.. it is the way of the Plains...

and its so damn good to be Tuchuk.

No comments: