
I limped outside to Jax's words. Standing on the platform of my Nightmare.. my hands coated in dried blood.. my clothing stained.. and a trail of crimson drips led from the body crumpled in the snow up to my wagon door and now where I stood. "What did you do !!" Jax screamed at me.. He was angry.. enraged beyond how Ive ever seen Him before. I stood there.. my mouth agape.. looking at my hands then the body. I could not remember... did not remember anything past when I left the Central wagon last night. Yet.. before me lay the body of a slave girl.. face down...frozen in a blanket of red snow. "Silken ! Answer me!" Jax screamed and ran up the steps at me. I cringed.. I actually cowered. "I...I.. dont remember... " I whispered. Jax grabbed my wrists and shoved my hands to my face... ordering me to look. I turned my head away. By the Skies... I could not remember. Did I kill the girl? If so why? Who was she.. what had she done... I closed my eyes to the mass confusion. I heard Jax say to Enu and Raz to remove the body.. to burn it.. to then clear the blood from the ground before the scent would draw any predators. I suddenly remembered then... Larl's being spoken of... and I screamed to Enu.. "Take the body to Jai !!! Let Him examine it ! " I could only hope that He listened.. because Jax had spun me around and dragged me by the wrist and braid back into my wagon. I was still pleading to Enu and Raz as the flaps were closed. He sat me down on a crate.. pacing.. growling... He was too angry to form a sentance. But finally He spoke low... "How could you..." He said. I looked to Him... and whispered... "What makes you believe that I did that?!" He stopped walking.. then turned sharply and came to me.. grabbing one of my hands and thrusting one of His fingers into the reddened palm. "Dont tell me you dont know blood Silken !" He growled... and I looked at my hands again. "And if that isnt enough...." He said as He reached into His pocket and produced several long strands of my hair.. holding it up before my eyes... "We found this... in her hand..." He said.. and then grabbed the edges of my tunic and yanked them outward to the side. The sick sound of fabric tearing and the chill of air to my upper chest made me shiver. Another thrust of His finger into my collarbone.. "Look ! Look at the scratches... " He said as my eyes lowered to my chest. They were undeniably fingernail marks. He wanted to strike me.. but simply stood up and walked to the door. "Do not leave this wagon Woman." Was all He said.. and I was left alone.. confused and hurting.
I didnt do this....
Did I???

No comments:
Post a Comment