Thursday, November 13, 2008

Page 410 ~ Seeing Red... everywhere


So... I stepped out of my wagon after an Ahn of rest and tethered to the side post was this huge.. red.. kaiila. At first I thought it a dream.. maybe I was still tired.. or still asleep. But the beast just lifted it's head and puffed air through that long muzzle.. tossed it's head up a few times.. then dove back into the feed bag. Well.. uhmm ok. I moved closer.. slowly... and Jax stood nearby with blackwine and a smirk. He told me... it was from Teng. "Teng?... Teng?! Jai's son?" I said.. and Jax made a goofy face.. nodded and said.. "How many Teng's do you know... yes dumbass.. Your Nephew." Well boskbells. Now that this beauty of a gift was mine.. I found it more interesting. I had to touch it .. carefully! For the Red did not know me all too well yet. He was beautiful. I had to laugh at the color.. I suppose boasting that blood was my favorite color didnt have anything to do with it. A smirk... and Skies.. a small laugh.. though I quickly covered that up. After greeting the kaiila I ran into my wagon and got a small box.. asking Jax to deliver it to Teng's wagon. More of those cinnamon candies I had stockpiled for the trail. As much as I wanted to jump on that new kaiila and ride the open plains.. there was much work to still be done. Post treatments and new injuries.. re-stictings.. errr Tuchuk Men rarely listened to healers and sat still long enough for sutures to take. Checking on those that recovered... reapplying bandages.. everything in the gamant of the lot. I saw Kaeli and Falon in passing a few times. We were able to nod and roll our eyes to each other with a grin. I knew exactly what they conveyed. All the Men were healing... and whining in Man style as most do. I checked on my group of Men at the fire before heading inside the Nightmare. I grabbed tanya and gave her parchment. We would need an inventory of supplies.. mine we low and I could only assume that what Kaeli and Falon had were about the same. With instructions of what to do.. I set tanya to the task of counting my wagon.. then heading off to find Kaeli and Falon and taking stock of theres as well. Alot of what we needed was in a few wagon's scattered among the line of wagon's.. but most would be gathered once we reached the North. I would need to make a bartering trip once settled to replentish. But for now.. we had everything we needed.. barring another skirmish with Turia. Hell.. and if we didnt have it.. we made it. Simple as that.

It was back to work. No rest for the wicked. ever. And as Tarra told me.. Only the good die young.

Pshhh... I'll be here forever.
Take the light, undarken everything around me. Call the clowns and listen closely, i'm lost without you. Call your name.... every day.... when i feel so helpless. I'm fallin' down but i'll rise above this, rise above this. Hate the mind, regrets are better left unspoken. For all we know, this void will grow and Everything's in vain, distressing you though it leaves me open. Feels so right, but i'll end this all before it gets me. Call your name every day, when i feel so helpless... I'm fallin' down, but i'll rise above this, rise above this. Call your name every day, when i seem so helpless. I'm fallin' down, but i'll rise above this, rise above this doubt.
I'll mend myself before it gets me

No comments: