
The sounds of the Plains were amazing. Ive never remembered such a rush through my veins as we listened to the Men... OUR Men crush Turia under our steel. At first.. it was just the low drone of Men and beast but later it turned to the clink and scrape of steel.. cries of Men.. Skies.. what a rush. I only wish I could have been there.. yeah.. Im still a Warrior at heart.. but I was there.. yes.. I was. Heh. The battle was fought well into the night before the thundering paws of beast's and Men returned to the Harigga. Healer's had gathered and began to take the first arriving from their mounts to be tended. The more serious were taken to the healing wagon's. Myself.. Falon.. Kaeli.. Shanay and all other healer's knew where to be and what to do. Of course other's with even the basic knowledge of care were also about to tend the more lighter of injuries. They were a well oiled group.. and I had no personal problems with knowing each had a mind on their tasks for the night. We all knew it would be an endless line of bodies to tend that would take us into the morning and probably the next day.. if not the next few days. Blackwine brewed constantly.. slaves ran between wagons.. gathering herbs.. lotions.. salves.. bandages.. sutures and any supplies called for. Every now and then when we would pass another healer.. a nod of our heads and a smile for we knew our Men were proud and fought valiently... it made us stand taller to assit these Warrior's whom shed blood for the People. The cries of ... "It is good to be Tuchuk.." carried far and wide.. every Warrior.. even in their pain expressed such and it made me smile each time I heard it.
I made sure to check on Falon and Kaeli... for this sea of bodies could have been overwhelming and something we are not akin too.. but I was happily greeted with sweaty brows and smiles. They did wonderful and are a credit to the Clan.
I take a moment now to look to the Sky.. and say my thanks for everything.. Our Men returned.. Turia shakes in defeat and the Tuchuk continue to walk the plains.. OUR plains with swords high.. the bosk even bellow with victory.
It is good to be Tuchuk.
(Awesome job everyone !! That was a battle for the record books !!)

No comments:
Post a Comment