Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Page 505 ~ Do you believe in magic?


I have to admit.. Yamka did a wonderful job on repairing my old black boots. They fit great.. they feel like me.. they are still everything I remember.. except now they work. I also have to admit... I rather fancy the new pair She made. Red. Red boots.. Magic boots She called them. Now... I didnt want to seem.. overly excited. So.. I set them aside and waited till later so I could model my new red boots. And model I did. Ash had a few things to tend to before dinner... so we left the main fires to part ways for a bit. I headed directly to my wagon and locked the door. Hiking up my leathers... I slipped off the old boots and slid into the new magic boots. I was vain in my observation in the long mirror. Tipping a leg out here... pointing a toe out there. Giving a fluff to my hair... so now.. from top to bottom I was truly.. Red. But Magic? I dont put much into the word. But there was something in these boots. Be it the making or just how I felt at this moment. I felt a fire deep in my soul. Attitude. It felt good. Carefully.. I paraded around the wagon.. smiling and singing. I then had the sudden desire to bake cookies. Dont know why... but I did. And I did it in my magic boots. I got a few looks from Jax.. and from Aunt... but nothing negitive in comment. After the cookies were finished... I sent boxes of them to various places. One to Sev... one to Fonce... one to Ayg and Mezoo. One to Tarra and Kam... and a special big box to Yamka. The rest.. and there were lots.. were put into a bowl and would be taken to the main fire later. Before I headed back to the main fires... I needed to stop by and see Cana. I brought more liquids that I had been working on.. hoping to help Her body fight. The Spex had Her mind in care.. it was my job to make sure Her body would sustain that through this ordeal She ventured into. I made sure the mix of vitamins and sugar was enough to hydrate Her and keep blood flow to Her muscles and organs. It was rudementary... and I felt helpless... but it was all I could do. That.. and many prayers. I sat with Her for a time.. talking to Her.. reminding Her that She was loved by all of us. We were here.. waiting for Her. I found myself telling Her about my new boots. Magic boots.. and now I was giving Her some of that magic to fight and come back to us. I had to leave when the Spex returned. Hesitantly I departed with a few words to Rook and I left Him with some cookies as well.

I was feeling alittle down when I returned to the main fires. It didnt get any better from there. Seems Sahkna and Enh were in some heated arguement with Ayguili. I just sat and listened. It ended with Sahkna leaving and Enh was backtracking in a way to try and make Ayg understand a few things. Tarra and I exchanged a few looks.. and I finally had enough. I said everyone needed to calm down and have a cookie. Which.. I gladly distributed. Ayg smiled at me.. wrapped an arm around my shoulders and munched. Again... it was a small thing that I could do to show them... I was trying.

Ash returned from the forge. He was looking mighty fine I might add. All large and manly.. sweaty. He is a big Man... but most dont see the even bigger heart beneath that chest. It is something most Warrior's do not show outwardly. Im kinda partial to be the only one that know this side of Him. I feel.. honored. Ayg said that mating seemed to agree with me. He likes my smile.. and it would seem that being Mated to Ash has brought that back to me. Perhaps.. or maybe it just my magic boots. When the activity died down... I said I was returning to our wagons. He asked if I wanted company. Well DUH.. of course I did. So off we went. He escorted me into our wagon where I stood and looked at Him for the longest time. He removed His vest.. I could see how hard He worked and I smiled. The braid in my hair was taken out... but I was having quite the time with clothing and the broken arm. It was His pleasure to help me out of them. For a Man that could easily snap any bone in my body with little effort.. He craddled me with the most tender of touches and movements. We lay on the furs now.. side by side... and He said.. I was truely beautiful as His eyes roamed the lenght of my body. I felt the beating of His heart within that protective cage of corded muscle in His chest. It matched the rapid pulse of my own. The simple act of love.. the inner show of affection and caring... baffels me as to the strenght this Man possesses. Sometimes.. I want to tear Him open for everyone to see just how special He is... but then I would no longer hold that secret. I dont want to share that part of Him.. with anyone. It is mine and mine alone. It is... a wonderful feeling. Magic.

As we lay in the furs... catching out breath... I laughed. I was so lucky to have someone to put me back together. Someone to bring that smile to my face... someone to accept my quirks and flaws. Ash could hold the reins and show me things I never thought possible. Perhaps... in some odd little way.. I helped Him as well. He drifted off to sleep. I waited about an Ahn till silence painted the camp and then I pried myself from His grip. I had.. a job of sorts to tend too. Sneaking from the wagon and into the Pink Nightmare... I grabbed a jar of itching powder and headed off to Sahnka's wagon. I was liberal in its application. So much that it left me scratching even after a quick wash up at the stream. Passing by Ayg's wagon.. I grinned... and I left a small calling card in His right boot. Just a bit of the itching powder to let Him know... I had done a job. A job well done. Returning to my wagon and back under the protective grip of Ash.. I chuckled lightly. Tomorrow was going to prove interesting.

And now... for my next trick.

No comments: