Friday, July 24, 2009

Page 512 ~ Don't look Ethel !!!

Oh, yes, they call him the Streak

Look at that, look at that

Fastest thing on two feet

Look at that, look at that

He's just as proud as he can be

Of his anatomy

He goin' give us a peek

Oh, yes, they call him the Streak

Look at that, look at that

He likes to show off his physique

Look at that, look at that

If there's an audience to be found

He'll be streakin' around

Invitin' public critique

(Thank you Ray Stevens for this most memorable song from 1974. And thank you to my Grandfather for playing it for a certain very young... little girl back then. Laughed my ass off then.. laughed it off again today. Love you Gramps.. miss you)


Me and the troop.. AKA my redheaded clan of children made way to the stream to do some laundry. Some laundry? Like six basketfulls! I carried four.. Wily and Talia had one.. and thus began the conga line down the beaten path. Why didnt I have the girl's do the laundry? Simple... just because we have slaves.. doesnt mean my children will not learn how to live.. and will not become dependant toads that cant do anything for themselves. Ive seen too much of that lately. Grown Women and Men that cant do the basic things in life... yeah.. that's a pet peeve. Anyway... The usual banter filled the air... "Stop pushing me" "Dont walk so fast" "Are you touching me?" "Quit touching me!" "Momma? Sonny pulled my hair!" "Momma? Mia walks too slow...." "Momma? Did you see that?" "Momma? Momma? Momma!!!! Are you listening???!!!" Errrrr huh?

I was in my own little world... reliving what Ash and I had spoken about the night before. How something so simple as hanging a painting became such an issue.. still left me baffled.. and also left me in the vulo coop. He was quite peturbed with me... something I havent felt from Him in such a manner ever before... and yes... it bothered me.. deeply.

We were about to round the small bend in the trail when I became aware of steps.. heavier than a 14 year olds.. behind us. But.. before I could turn and peer over my mountain of baskets and clothes.. Vee and Ess stopped. Mia and Sonny banged into them and they stood there.. gawking. My first instinct was danger. A larl perhaps? A loose sleen? So I quickly shifted my load of bundles and swung around to see what the youngin's did. EEeeeeGAD! It wasnt a larl.. It wasnt a sleen.. but it was.. Ayguili and two slaves.. getting their funk on smack dab right there in the open. I knew He saw me.. I knew He saw the whole group.. damn .. it was like a show that no one paid too see!!! I looked for Wily for help. He was laughing.. little bastard. Talia was smiling and.... checking out the Sky. I dropped my baskets and quickly turned the little kids around.. shielding their eyes. Now... mind you... I am not a prude. I am also not dumb to the fact that this happens. But I will be damned if my three year old twin boys and nine year old twins will stand there and get a.. lesson from Ayguili and two slaves. Ok so I was more worried about what was going to come from their mouths. And thus it started with Starr asking.. "Momma? They playing Hide the Ost?" I ordered Wily to get the babes out of here.. Talia helped. Pushing their siblings back up the path. That is when I saw Seveya. My mouth dropped open... I was trying to yell.. "Dont look Sev !!!" but it was too late.. She had already gotten an eyefull. My stampeeding group nearly ran Her over.. thankfully.. She got caught up in the mix and we all took off.. leaving a dust storm behind.

I brought a crying.. complaining group of kids back to the main fire.. sat them down and gave them some juice. Tarra was there to witness. I could see the questions and amusement in Her eyes. I again had Wily and Talia take the youngin's back to the wagon. I would be along shortly to try and explain and answer to any questions that I knew had arisen. Tarra asked what was going on. So.. I informed Her that we had witnessed Ayg banging two slaves at the stream. One I knew was red.. the other.. I did not know and have no desire to find out who she was. Besides.. I think introductions at that point would be lost.. seeing how she was being bounced to Turia and back at that moment.

So... Tarra begins to question me. Did I not know this is common? That we see this everyday.. hear this among the wagons? No shit. Of course I knew this. But I had my Mom hat on.. and I was damned if I would budge on it. I also knew that.. heh.. I was guilty of such a public display... infact most reciently.. but... BUT.. I made sure no one was around.. and certainly.. would not have risked children seeing such. Thats just... common manners and moral's. Something I question in a few these days.

I changed the subject as Sev arrived. She was looking like She needed a harsh brush and some strong astringent to erase the picture on Her eyeballs. Tarra and I began to discuss my newly Mated life. I responded with.. Same ole same ole. It was infact the same. Oh sure.. things were different.. but all in all.. fell into a life I was accustomed too. This isnt bad mind you.. infact.. its good... because I can work back to gaining things I lost. Tarra said "Interesting". Now.. Ive known Tarra a flippin long time.. and I knew that word alone could go either way. So I added.. "Interesting in learning about each other" That was true. I have known Ash since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Ive spent many Ahn's with Him casually... talking and shooting the shit. But we never had developed past that. So... in saying we were learning about each other.. I meant.. How He likes His food... what side He likes to sleep on... Is He a left hang or a right... Does He get up to pee before He dresses?? or does He get ready for the day and then go... things like that. Things that only being Mated to a Man would you come to discover. Tarra said She was glad that I had found happiness... I had waited a long time and had been through some winners to get there. "You aint kiddin'" Was my reply. I told Tarra also that... Wouldnt it be great.. if you could take parts from different people.. and make the perfect Man? She said.. She didnt want a perfect Man. Well.. I agree.. but I mean perfect as in they have certain qualities that were pleasing. She said.. "peel away the layers of someone you love.. and you will discover everything you wish for... you will find the true gem inside." Damn.. why does She have to be right.. all the FUCKING time !!!! Bitch. ::grumble::

I had to leave. I wasnt running away on an escape route. No.. not this time. But I had a wagon full of children with questions. And I didnt really feel up to answering things about what they had seen. I was pissed at Ayg right now and had half a mind to send them all to Him. But then sense said.. "Is that something you REALLY want to do Silken?" Good Skies.. no! He would prpbably give them a real time demonstration or something. Ew. Believe me.. it was nothing to brag about. I just wish I hadnt seen it. There are a few things you need not know or see about certain people. And I did not need to see.. errrr uhmmm that.

I bid Tarra and Sev well.. and headed to the wagon. I heard the children upon my approach. I heard them all laughing. I heard the ringleader Wily... finishing up a story with... "And that is why a Warrior must get some sun on His ass!!! Tan those white shiney moons!!! " The uproar of laughter made me chuckle. Suddenly.. I knew...

Everything was going to be ok.

No comments: