Friday, July 24, 2009

Page 514 ~ I screamed till I could no more


I left the stream with my eyes closed. The tears were flowing as were these dreaded emotions. I.. felt my way back. I didnt need to see.. and I didnt want to see.. didnt want to see the faces that surely were looking at me.. staring.. judging.. critiquing. I wanted to die.. just curl up under a wagon and melt into the dirt. I cursed my new found emotions.. I cursed Ash for working them free.


When I felt familar ground.. my safe zone.. my wagons.. I opened my eyes. Pried them open from swollen lids so I could place the key to the lock of the Nightmare. Jax walked by.. asking what happened? Was I hurt? Did someone hurt me? I answered Him in a sob of air... I tried so desperately to capture in my throat. Able to do nothing more than shake my head.. I entered and closed the door behind me. Jax climbed the steps.. knocking on the door.. "Talk to me... " He said. "Ive had enough talking.. go away.. please Jax.. go away." I said. I knew He stood outside for a few moments more... then I heard Him leave. He would go to the Forge.. He would tell Ash.. I would need to be ready. I had to compose myself.. I had to hide. Not in the physical manner.. but within myself. I was ashamed.. embarassed. I should not have felt what I did. But I do.

There I sat at my mixing table.. head in my hands.. going over what just happened. It started out as a simply relaxing moment at the stream. I had gone to gather up my laundry that was so hastily dropped yesterday. The water looked inviting.. so I took off my boots... rolled up my pants... set my satchel aside and plunked my feet into the stream. It was nice.. calming. I began to grow aware of the sounds. The clicking of the stream.. the folding of leaves in the breeze... the grass bending to the wind. Odd.. I never really paid much attention to this before... until now. This awareness was broken by the carry of words... Womanly words.. well.. a Woman spoke them.. but they were not... Womanly. It was Sev. Cursing up a storm and then some. She was covered in paint.. of all colors. I offered Her some parchment... even a canvas. She looked at me kinda funny. "You seem to have gotten more on yourself." I said. And She nodded.. proceeding to tell me that She was throwing a tantrum.. and this was result. Ah.. I nodded. We began to talk... and in doing so.. I opened up a can of worms I think. Regrettably.. in doing so. I think I caused more harm than good. She told me how Ayg had refussed Her Brideprice from Fonce. My heart skipped a beat. Damn. Now I felt guilty. I could only tell Her... it wasnt that bad. Could be worse... She could have been given away without a care for Her worth.. or value.. like some disease needing to be quarantined... like an old used up cloth tossed to the wind. For yes... that is how I feel. I also told Her... I did not believe in Guardian's making decisions for a couple. That I believed it should be up to the couple.. unless a really bad decision could be seen. If the Man was a louse.. a complete and utter dickhead... and with very bad intentions. I know.. for a fact.. Fonce is no such thing. I know.. they would be good together... Ive seen how they act.. Ive seen life behind His eyes for the first time in a long time. And I felt guilty that I was given this chance at love... and they.. had been denied.

No sooner did this revelation arise.. Fonce arrived. I saw Sev panic.. and the Woman in me knew... She feared Her appearance. I grabbed Her and quickly pulled Her into the water. I scrubbed.. rinsed.. washed... and even primped.. all to Fonce's amusement. I tried to cover the sticky nagging emotions that I swore were more visable on me than Seveya's paint. When we left the water... I did my best to try and get out of there post haste. I was uncomfortable. I was nervous. I inadvertantly slapped my head.. telling that little voice to shut up. It wanted me to talk to Fonce. I had not since I departed in my fight to tell Him my feelings. I had to dive into something.. I had to.. hide. But no amount of hiding would do. Fonce knew. He prodded... He poked that raw tissue that was exposed... what I had all these years.. worked so hard to guard. Again.. I cursed Ash for letting this happen. I shut down... reverted back to shadow dancing. Closed myself off so that the blood didnt start streaming from my eyes and ears. I went.. cold. Fonce said "talk to me.. tell me what one of you wants to say." Pegged... nailed... cruxified. Ow. I was hurting. I was in pain. I dont know why... I just.. wanted out.. I wanted.. away. It was when Fonce said my name... "Silken" that I peeled apart. Ash would have been proud.. though.. I dont think He would have been to happy about what came forth. I told Fonce.. I was sorry. I failed. But... everything I ever said.. had not been a lie. I stepped aside... I let the better man win. And I smiled at Seveya. He thanked me. He wondered that very question for some time... and I saw a bit of relief wash over Him. Me... I was bleeding from the fingertips. He asked me something of why I didnt come to Him.. talk to Him... and I said that I knew I was not good enough. I could not stand up. I backed down. I relented.. and in doing so.. I failed.. and again.. I told Him.. Yet.. I never lied. Ever. Fonce.. bless His soul.. did His best to try and convince me that... me not being good enough was a lie. I knew He tried to comfort me. My feet were bleeding now. Eventually it came down to Him telling me that He hoped I would still come talk to Him. I told Him perhaps someday.. but right now.. It still hurt. Drops of blood ran from my eyes. I gathered a breath.. only to have this loud.. sob catch in my throat. I swallowed it down.. they were staring... they could see the blood trailing down my cheeks.. I knew it. I felt it coming out from every limb.. I felt it behind my eyes... and I began to grow blind from the darkness. I had to get out of there. I wished them well.. I told them they were good together and I extended my utmost wishes for happiness and peace. Then I closed my eyes and walked away. I was safe in the darkness that no one could penetrate.

I made it to the Nightmare.. I collapsed over the table... and I cried. I screamed into the wood of the table and slammed my fists into the top till my voice simply gave up. Vocal cords burned... muscles ached. I sat then.. for Ahn's with my head in my hands. Confused. Angry. Ash made me open up. He made me trust in emotions. I wanted to scream.. I told you so! Cause I hurt... I fucking hurt. I hurt my friends... I tried to help.. and I made them feel worse. Thats when the little voice inside me said.. "You did well. You expressed emotion.. and look.. your still alive" I laughed... alive.... yes.. but Im bleeding profusely. "See?" I said outloud. But when I lowered my hands from my face.... there was no hue of crimson... no thick dried or sticky blood in them. There was only moisture.

And they were tears.

My tears.

No comments: