
Vee and Ess had decided to spend some time with Cana's boys. They loved to listen to Tug talk about Wily and the adventures they shared. I agreed... as long as it was ok with Cana. Jax suggested I take some time for myself. Heh. I laughed. That was all I had lately. Time.. and myself. But.. He was right. I needed to get out and see a few people. I spent the morning preparing a hunk of meat that Fonce brought by. I wanted to thank Him for it... and I knew how to. I made Him a hearty supply of stew. All seperated in small pots that He or His slaves could ready quickly. There was nothing fancy about this stew. I know Fonce doesnt like much of anything in it. It was simply meat and gravy. When I had finished the dishing out.. me and a few of my girls headed to His wagon's. I was rather miffed that He wasnt there... but hardly expected Him to be. Seemed everytime I dropped by He was gone. So.. I left the massive pile of potted stew on His platform.. laughing as they completely swallowed up the area. One of His girl's told me.. He had headed to the fire's eariler... so I re-directed my attention that way. I heard the voices before the shadows opened up and was very happy to find Fonce at the fires. Ayguilli was there.. Cana.. Tarra.. Yamka and Sev. It was odd to see Ayguilli on the grey's. Since hearing of this transfer... I thought for sure I was in for a nightmare of epic porportion. Ayg and I got off on the wrong foot.. right from the start when He arrived at the first fires. I know He heard of my past antic's and troubles I delt with.. and I had been holding a grudge since the night He volunteered some info on me. I had been working so hard to dispell this image... and to hear that He still saw me as such... almost gave me cause to revert and backlash Him into oblivion. Thankfully.. I didnt. I left the fires.. chewing on nails and spitting iron. So tonight... when I extended my greetings to all.. and Ayg called me over to Him immediately. "Silken.. I need to speak to you" The fact that this Man.. that had only addressed me as "Woman" all this time.. finally used my name... well.. I wanted to run. I looked to Fonce.. trying to convey my need to speak to Him.. to tell Him about the stew...and perhaps for some help... but Ayg posed a question that was half a demand. He asked if I could Sit.. and do so without wiggling. I looked to the fur beside Him that He pointed at. And of course in that Silken style told Him I could sit.. but couldnt guarentee I would not wiggle. That's when the simple.. "Sit" followed... and I did. Now... If I was wiggling.. it was because I realllllly wanted to talk to Fonce... but I was not about to blow this opportunity with the new Ubar... so... I waited.. quietly. Eventually.. Ayg got to me. What words came from His mouth directed to me... nearly knocked me out of my boots. He told me that Yamka was having trouble with an Elder. I further found out the Woman was coughing terribly and needed a healer. Frankly.. I was waiting for Him to ask my opinion on who She could see.. when He dropped the bomb over my head. He was reinstating my healing rights. I think my jaw dropped to the furs. I listened to the rest in a daze... and when He finished by asking me to tend to the Woman... well.. I jumped up with a shout of thank you.. and kissed His cheek. I heard a few laughs and chuckles as I darted down the rows to check the old Woman out. I was hell bent on doing everything I could for Her... and luckily.. She wasnt deathly ill. It would seem the dust and rain took a hold in Her lungs. The cough was dry and irratating. I checked Her lungs with sounded clear. So with leaving Her some honey and healer's tea to soothe the throat and direction to elevate Her head when lying down... I departed... confident that She would make a full recovery in a few days. When I returned to the fires... and told Yamka.. She hugged me. It felt like a thousand needles being driven into my flesh. Im not use to such anymore.. let alone from someone I hardly know. I hope I didnt offend Her... it was not intentional.. just reactional. I would try to catch up to Her later and explain... but for now.. I had to finish what I came here to start. Alas... before I could direct my attention to Fonce... He up and left with a comment I did not understand. "Paybacks" I stood there... watching Him disappear into the darkness.. shaking my head. Should I chase after Him? I didnt know. It seemed everytime I went to the fires and He was there.. He left rather abruptly shortly after I arrived. This was beginning to convey a rather grim outlook in my opinion. I turned my attention to those left at the fires... asking a few questions into the conversation.. but was ignored. Not uncommon. I too.. then took my leave... thinking back on everyone that had gathered and what all transpired.. and to each of them asked in my head....
Do I know you?

No comments:
Post a Comment