Saturday, April 11, 2009

Page 464 ~ See me not


See me

Feel me

Touch me

Heal me

Listening to you I get the music

Gazing at you I get the heat

Following you I climb the mountain

I get excitement at your feet

Right behind you I see the millions

On you I see the glory

From you I get opinions

From you I get the story


The wagon's had stopped... but my body still kept moving. My internal senses were locked on the trail and would take me days to unwind and toss aside this feeling. We had made it South.. warmth.. grass... life. It was all I could do to unpack one crate in my main wagon before I collapsed into the furs and slept the night away. I did not even rise to the hoots and hollars of those that partied well into the eve. I heard about it though... as I went in search of company and blackwine. Tarra was at the fires.. gazing off onto the plains. We spoke a moment before Fonce joined us. She asked how I was... I was tired. I asked how She was... She said well. I did not press further.. I had hoped by now if She needed anything.. She would ask. I was also informed that a Stranger had been advised to seek me out. He was injured helping to save one of our Warriors. Tarra told me He was Ugly. Bare faced. I somehow swallowed down the bile that crept into my throat.. promising to not eat before I saw Him. My attention turned to Fonce.... managing to grin as He walked up... knowing His venturing into His wagon when He returned the other day must have made Him laugh with all my pots of special FonceStew. As it always has.. in the past.. our conversation turned... spicy. Since the time Ive known Him... we always have such an ease of talk about things that can be taken one way or the other. We dance this magical exchange of words that just gets the blood pumping. I had missed it.. but now.. was very content in basking in the glory that is sexual tension between us. Tarra left in a hurry.. Oggie joined us. The fun passed back and forth between three now. I gave Oggie some headache powders in His drink. Somewhere in the mix.. food was brought up.. and I took advantage of the mention of steak cooking... to get the skillets. Which... were given a good bang.. ring.. clank... behind poor Oggie. Now.. somehow.. Fonce got the idea I would cook His steak in a skillet. And He is lucky I didnt ring Him upside the head with that damn iron cooker. Sometimes He is as thick as a temwood. So when Tarra returned.. He had Her cook His steak.. I did the eggs in the skillet.. which I had to shake the bastard by the shoulders to get Him to see. Oggie and Fonce had their food... I had enough of everything myself and left. I had unpacking to do.. I had kids to feed. And I had a temper to get back into check. I thought things would get better later.

That is... until I returned to the fires.. and found out ....

Ayguili... is now my Guardian.

help?

No comments: