
The children had returned to a fanfare of hugs and kisses and clinging to Momma. Not that I minded. My two oldest girl's.. Talia and Starr had grown into such young Women. And Wily.. I did not recognize as that wild little bug. Jax caught my arm as I faultered.. almost passing out.. for the Wily Man is the vision of His Papa. Those icy blue eyes.. set off by that flaming red/blonde hair... I stared for a very long time. Mia and Sonny have discovered life without the twin conjoinment. This was good. They now take off in seperate directions and interests. Sonny bunks with Wily and Mia is off with Starr. To see them mingled in different ways than when they left is both pleasing and upsetting... for they are now grown past my constant care. Aunt is looking well. The trip did Her good. To see Her family.. and to be with my children seemed to take Envars off Her time rather than wear Her down as I thought might happen. She did need a nap when I welcomed Her home.. and was happy to have Her own wagon opened. I had cleaned it upon arriving in the South... opening it up to the smells of fresh warm air. Nahir slept most of the day while the children and I caught up on events. Jerus' family spoiled them as expected. I couldnt help but smile hearing how the other's were.. and how I was asked to come visit. I was not ready to do so.. things still fresh in my mind. But I listened with a smile and a secret yearning for my private wishes.
Dinner time came around fast and I needed to gather water for cooking.. baths and drinking. So I loaded up the Ugly Stick with four buckets and headed to the stream. Jax entertained the kids with the tales of the trip from up front... that were exchanged with the events from the back wagons. I arrived at the stream to find Fonce, Sev and Ramza there. I was greeted warmly. For this I was happy. I had spent some time with Ramza the prior night... He came to the Healer's fire and we passed time talking. It was a nice jesture and appriciated. The four of us joked alittle and talked. Fonce gave me some enlightening words of praise... that just made things turn all the more better for me. I needed to hear that and know that what I had done was noticed. I would smile the rest of the day. But it was Sev that shocked me... as the topic of Nose rings came up. She was interested in hearing of the old way.. the tradition of Ringing a girl into a Woman.. and how it was done from the time of beginnings. I sat beside Her and told Her from start to finish.. the ceremony of a girl birthed into a Woman.
I could tell by Her reaction that Sev was excited for the Ringing in itself. But my story of how it was done in the old ways seemed to actually excite Her more. I spent about an Ahn in speaking to Her... and when I finished... I rose to gather the Uhly stick and buckets of water. We parted ways then... me with a new outlook on things.. and Sev with a sliver of History that was part of me. The mystery now.. lies within Her.....
What will She do with it??

No comments:
Post a Comment