
My desire to get away from Aunt took me on a long walk nowhere. I roamed the herds among the countless outriders and bosk for most of the morning. I kept thinking on the things Aunt said... rolling them over and over in my head.. sometimes I spoke them outloud and tried to laugh them off. By the time the Central Fire in the Sky began it's journey back down to the horizon... I'd worked up a thirst. I headed to the main fires... against the screaming wishes of my inner voice that said.. Dont do it. I should have listened... damn it. It eased as I got there and found Sev and Fonce. Fixing myself a bowl of blackwine after I said my greetings.. Fonce inquired as to the state of branding for my herd. I honestly had no idea as to where it all stood. He asked if Ayguili had taken care of it. I didnt know.. He said He would speak to Ayguili. I mentioned that Wily was back to working the Forge.. He had the iron's.. but I wasnt about to let Him go among the herds alone... not yet. So Fonce said He would speak to Ayg about this also. He asked me how old the Wily Man was now... to which I replied He was almost at His fourteenth turning. Fonce said He was in need of His name.. and His scar. Nothing could have made me more proud at that moment than hearing such. Yes.. the Wily Man was at that age... but I didnt know who all this would fall to now. I was more than thrilled to have Fonce step up and take care of my Son's first steps towards Manhood. Sev had to leave... which left Fonce and I alone to talk. I was about to tell Him my morning.. when Ramza stumbled in. He was pissy... and eventually went into His wagon to bust up some boards with His fist. Stupid waste of precious material if you ask me... but Men will be Men. I asked Ramza when He returned what had His panties in a bunch.. well.. not in those exact words.... I did tone them down to a simple.. what's wrong. He informed us that Nette had gone missing.. He found a piece of Her clothing.. and some tracks. He said He followed them.. but lost them. I didnt need to hear more.. I was ready to go. Ready to help find my Sister. Fonce offered an Or to go with me... even emphasised the fact that if they bid me to return to the Harigga at anytime.. I was to obey without question and return. Of course I would.. that was a no brainer. Ramza.. on the other hand.. would hear nothing of it. He screamed that I was not going. A tad bit confused... I asked Fonce to watch the kids till I returned.. and He said.. Are you going to disobey Ramza? I frowned.. and I reluctantly turned to walk over to Ramza... placing a hand to His shoulder. I asked Him.. to please... not make me beg. And before I could finish the sentance... Let me go with you... He clocked me. His fist drove into my gut with enough force to lay me out. His intentions were to knock me out cold.. but instead it forced all the air from my lungs. In the fog that followed.. I heard Fonce's tone change. He spoke sharply to Ramza.. telling Him to chain me to Ayguili's wagon rather than hurt me further. By the time Ramza had peeled me from the ground to be brought over and chained to the wagon... Fonce was there.. crouched beside me. As Ramza rode off... Fonce eased me to my back.. His fingers played over my ribs.. I assume to check if any were broken. It felt like several were.. along with every organ behind them. I stammered and stuttered for a breath.. trying to inflate my lungs once more. Still.. I refussed to cry.. I refussed to show pain... I would hold it in.. as long as need be. When I could once more speak.. even if in broken words... I asked Fonce to release me. He of course would not. I asked what I did wrong. He told me nothing.. that this was more for my protection against Ramza's anger... before I got hurt worse. I could see the point.. His point... but the chuckle that followed.. didnt go over well with me. He said He could see how I didnt find His comment humorous.. but that if I wanted to know Him better... I should get used to it. I did smile... and commented on how He thought I was simply sexy in chains. If He was going to use wit and humor.. I would add mine. His reaction confirmed my suspicions. He brought me a bowl of water with instructions to drink it slowly and crouched back down beside me.... explaining that He would speak to Ayguili.. telling Him this was not a punishment.... I... wasnt so sure of the outcome. But I trusted Fonce. What? Did I just say that? Ugh. I guess we shall see. So.. the wind is out of my sails at the moment. But the fire brews deep inside. I have a good supply of super duper itching powder with a certain Warrior's name on it. ohhhhh... Aunt is going to have a field day with this one.................. and me.

No comments:
Post a Comment