Monday, June 8, 2009

Page 483 ~ Fireworks


Surprises. From word of a new slave in the Harigga to the events that would captivate my early afternoon... I knew was in for a show. The buzz around the slave network was Fonce had a new slave. I nearly fell over when it was said that Sev had submitted. It was history.. the past.. repeating itself all over. Any lingering thoughts I had.. were now confirmed. I was not about to submit to any Man... no matter what my feelings may have been. I knew that if a Man wanted me.. and I them for that matter.. that they would want me for who I was and not what I could be. Not what I thought they might want. Not what I thought would make me more attractive. Not what I thought would cinch the feelings. Certainly... not a slave. But hey... more power to Sev for being able to do it. Congrats to Fonce. Maybe now.. He will smile more.

Another surprise.. I was feeling pretty good. Perhaps because in my own sick and twisted mind.. I had just avoided another heartache. Maybe I stopped this before it got to far and I wound up wounded and disenchanted on life once more. Perhaps... I did have that guardian spirit watching over me... before it became to late. With my new breath of life... I was going fishing. My kids wanted food.. and I was going to provide them with it. I had little luck today. Only three small fish on the stringer. But I had spent a good half an Ahn watching a whopper of a fish dance around my worm. I was sure that at any moment the sucker was gonna snag my bait and the kids and I would feast. Suddenly.. the fish took off.. darting up stream faster than I could jump up and dive in... which.. I wanted to. Kaiila paws.. splashing in the water came next. I was going to gut.. dismember and de-skin whomever it was that did it. Not necessarily in that order. Surprise again... Ash emerged 'round the bend in the stream. Grinning that smirk. Bastard. He knew what He'd done. Patted that damn kaiila on the neck too. Praising the beast for fucking up my dinner. Eh... let it go Silks. It's just dinner. But nevertheless.. I let Him have it.. lightly. He said He didnt like fish anyway. I told Him.. well I did. He said then He might as well have a girl bring back the meat He brought to my wagon eariler. Perk. Meat? Yum. I danced around the thank you's.. trying not to look so... gratefull. In the end... I invited Him to dinner... my feeble attempt at the thank you. He accepted. I teased. He accepted. I taunted. He accepted. I pushed too far. Silly me. No.. wait! Welcome back Silken! Yes.. I was back. I was alive and I was taking the boskbull by the horns and daring it to gouge me.

What happened next I never expected. I surely wasnt looking for this.. I definately didnt think it would happen. I didnt think it would be Ash. But it was.. and it is. Could it be the pain of rebound? Could it be a dream? Surely.. it was a dream. It felt like it. It must be...

and yes.. I looked at His hands.

No comments: