
I felt the small stinging pinpricks of the mist well before I woke up. I attribute... infact.. waking up to the mist. The fire still crackled and hissed... and at first glance no one was around my fires. Not the young Warrior with the broken leg.. not Jax.. Aunt.. not even Ash.. who had promised to rest. I sat up.. then stood up.. stretching. I'd guess I was alseep just a few moments... only because I wasnt standing there screaming or running for my life.. fighting off the attacker of my dreams. I smiled and laughed... "Ya didnt catch me fast enough this time ya old bastard" I called out. The shadows moved. The mist shifted. It was already circled around my wagon.. drifting.. edging closer. Pulsing with life. The outlines of things faded.. swallowed up until this tormenting ring of cloudy matter closed in to about the edge of firelight. Odd. This never happened when I was awake. Ever. Had the shadow found a way to infiltrate my being while I was awake? It wasnt possible. It couldnt be. I frowned.. I growled even. Really pissed off that this was happening. I glanced to the fire... I was not going to let this beat me. I would wake up.. I would wake up now! Crouching near the fire.. I took my left hand and shoved it into the rolling embers of the fire's coal's. One ihn.. maybe two. Fuck!!! Yanking back my hand... I gave a small scream. That bloody hurt.. not to mention the burning flesh smell... and.. blisters that formed? What the blasted winds was this? The mist laughed. Icy tenticles stabbed outward from the pulsing clouds.. pushed me.. poked me in the back.. making me spin around each time. "No!!" I screamed... "You cant be here! This is my realm! My World!" I ran into my healer's wagon.. slamming the door.. hiding. The wagon shook.. rocked.. the door flung open. The mist walled an escape. Hands appeared from the mist... large mangled fingers flew and cut the air.. grabbing me and squeezing. The air rushed from my lungs... and just before I thought I would pass out. It.... started raining? In my wagon??? A total downpour that drentched me from head to toe. The mist backed off. A figure formed and parted the vapor's. There stood Ash. Ahhhhh my hero. He held a bucket.. an EMPTY bucket in His hand. Lucky for Him.. I was still dreaming... or I woulda punched Him in the nose. "How long has this been going on" He said. It wasnt a question... it was a statement that deserved an answer. I felt the back wall of the wagon against my back. Finally.. I breathed. My lungs ached.. burned. Pushing off for the door... I brushed past Him. "Im fine." I said and started out the wagon. My braid was seized and I was pulled back in. "How... long" He said again. A deep sigh... I responded. "Since I was little" I could hear the mist cackle outside. "You cant live live this Silken." Ash said. "IM fine. It will stop.. eventually" I whispered. I did not catch the rest of His words as I stepped outside and grabbed the railing. Cursing that damn mist that rolled in taunting dance around my wagon. Daring me to step foot to the ground. I turned back around to speak to Ash... but He was gone. I popped back into the wagon.. looking around. No sign of Him. My head shook side to side and I closed the door. Moving to the back and slipping from my wet leathers to wrap a fur about me. Unbraided my hair... brushed it out... and sat to my work table. The blisters on my hand throbbed... and I brushed some salve on them. Hanging my head into my right hand with a sigh.
I wondered if I could sleep... in my dream?????

No comments:
Post a Comment