
An ordinary day... tending my herd of bosk. Something I had neglected to do... up until today. Jax and I headed out and rode the herd. Checking for any sick animals and marking the one's that needed care to their hooves. It was late in the day.. bleery eyed from fur and all.. tending a rather irrate bull that wanted nothing more than to be with his women. He tossed me a few times.. threw me several more and at one point whacked me with His head till I lay sprawled on the ground. He was happy.. and took off to his girl's. Jax was picking me up.. just about the time Ash arrived. He found it.... amusing to watch. I didnt. There was some exchanging of words between the two Men while I gathered up my supplies. Jax rode off laughing... to what.. or why.. I dont know. I was balancing my arms full of items when Sev rode up. She paused to talk for awhile... and somehow the three of us got onto the idea of a wager. Whether or not I could beat up Ash in a spar. The idea did interest me... this Man deserved an ass whoopin'.. I was just the one to hand it to Him. Cocky as He is.. He was so sure I would not beat Him... that He let Sev and I in on some past terms of wager's. Seems He once sparred with a Woman... She lost and was condemmed to serving Ash a bota anytime He requested it. She was also compelled to give Ash a compliment anytime He wanted one. This didnt amuse me... nor did I find it interesting. Yet.. the banter went on. Sev and I decided that if I did win... that Ash would most likely be held to clucking like a vulo everytime the word "Tal" was spoken at the fires. No less than twenty times would He have to perform this. And at the end of the twenty.. on the twentyfirst.. He would have to act out the laying of an egg. Grunting and squaking fully. Ash listened still amused.. and then asked Sev who Her Guardian was. She responded by saying a very protective Man. I responded by saying mine was a beast.. a horrible Man. Ash asked again... and Sev told Him.. Ayguili. We both smiled when Ash said.. He is both your Guardian? We high fived each other without the motion. Yup. Ash said that He saw Ayg to be an understanding Man.. reasonable... and that He thought He might enjoy having Sev and I serving Him bota's and passing out compliments to Him. I nearly choked on my tongue. No F'in way would I serve that Man. My response to a compliment... I voiced openly.. "Ayguili.. my my your smelling wonderful today.. just like the rotting flesh of a dead bosk's ass" Sev laughed. Seems we both knew this Man too well... perhaps shared a few similarities of opinion too.
I had to leave.. and I slid up into the saddle of my kaiila... leaving Ash and Sev to iron out the details. I bid them farewell... and was answered with Ash saying He would... "see me later". I had to do a double take in the saddle.... catching that smile on His lips. He had other things on His mind than just... seeing me. This I was certain of.
It left me riding back to the Harigga... a confused look.. a racing heart and mind... and I just could help but ask....
Say what? ::head shake goes here::

No comments:
Post a Comment