Thursday, June 25, 2009

Page 495 ~ Pages and Books


It all happened so fast. But.. when your a young 66 years old like me.. and some handsome older Warrior.. smart.. whitty... wisened to the world grabs you and says.. You are mine. Well? What's a girl to do? I accepted. Of course I speak of Ash... who else? He took my arm and dragged me to the Ubar last night and extended His wishes of laying claim to me. You could have heard a pin drop. But I heard the whispers behind me. I knew what they were saying... yet.. I did not care. It was time I lived for me.. not for what other's thought. They never took the time to see inside me.. or ask how I was doing other than in simple jesture. I admit.. I am guilty of this myself... but I would never openly knock them down for other's to hear. Cana.. Tarra and Kaeli did the jaw drop. Ramza I think spewed paga down His face and chest. And a few other's just stood there in disbelief. Suddenly my posse'.. my clan of Tuchuk Women began to poke jibs at Ash.. and well.. He said He liked it better when they were picking on me. I couldnt help but play into it and stab a few jibes His way. He took it in stride... proud Warrior He is. Then it happened.. Ayguili took my chin and made me look at Him. He asked me... if Ash made me happy... and did I love Him. Now I heard Tarra speak... I didnt get the chance to commend Her.. but I so wholeheartedly agreed with Her. She said to someone that questioned the fact I better love Ash... something along the lines of.. Love can grow with the relationship. I smiled hearing this.. and I answered Ayguili... He makes me laugh.. He understands me.. and I like Him a whole lot. Ayg patted my cheek and then turned to Ash... He asked Him if He loved me. Without hesitation Ash said yes. This shocked me. Now.. Ive known Ash since I was a young girl around the Harigga. But I wondered just how much He knew me. Was there a time when He watched me? When did He notice me? And how could He love me so soon upon His return. Was this a spark of fire that perhaps laid claim to His heart many years ago and only upon His return did it ignite? Questions that would not have answers this night.

The Women began to ask about my books. Everyone knows of my books. They are kept in safe keeping in one of my countless trunks in a supply wagon. Ash was indeed intriqued. But this train of thought was left dead in the water when Ayguili gave His blessing for Ash to claim me. I wanted no fanfare... I didnt even want this attention. Im no spring vulo.. Ive been around the rows a few times. This is.. my chance at life again. My hope for the future.. my wish for happiness. Mezoo gave Her wishes for many healthy babies.. and Ash paled alittle. I think He forgot about that part. I did too... when you have your own Tuchuk Tribe of kids waiting back at the wagons. And then there is Aunt. Nahir is going to be pissed and I feel sorry for Ash and His body parts when She gets done pummeling Him. I dont know how soon Ash wishes to have children.. or if He even does. I know He had children long ago.. but they are no longer among us. Some may say this is something we should have discussed before.. but I say.. let it come as it will. I am tired of planning.. tired of plotting out my course. I am ready to face the world as it comes and hands me whatever it will. Live for today.. not tomorrow. It seems to work. Together.. Ash and I will face this... and His hands are big enough for both.

So.. He tossed me over His shoulder in the way of our old traditions. He took me back to His wagon... empty as it was. I already began to set my course to brighten up this wagon... and of course Jax was waiting to move all my wagon's closer to Ash's. I smiled as Ash prowled towards me. The look of want in His eyes. I sat perched on a brace of furs.. grinning nervously. When He touched my skin... I shivered and flintched. It was the birth of beginning.

and sometimes....

it is painful.

No comments: