Sunday, June 28, 2009

Page 499 ~ Lil' box of yummmm


After falling back asleep in the ungiving grip of Ash... which.... I dont mind.. heh. I woke at my usual time just as the light began to crawl over the Harigga. I slipped.. well.. more like twisted.. pulled.. shoved and peeled myself out from under Ash's arms.. legs.. and whatever else He had blanketed over me... and went to dress. I wrapped my hair in a loose tail... put on an old tunic that hung to just above my knees and headed out to the fires. It was when I started down the steps that I tripped and went head over heels down to the ground. Chewing dirt and cursing up a blazing storm over a skinned knee... I looked around.. and then up to the platform. There.. sitting perched percariously near the edge.. was a box. An ornate.. beautiful box. The colors it captured.. the design.. the simple yet elegant pieces.. well.. I knew who it was from. Sev. Pushing up and then brushing myself off.. I walked back up to the side where I could lean and draw the box into my hands. I rolled it over and around in my palms.. smiling. I love gifts. What Woman doesnt.. and this was just.. pretty! As the box was fondled..I felt something inside shift against the sidewalls. Discovering it opened.. I found the edging and stuck a nail into the crease. It popped open and I peered inside. Removing another small jar and the tiniest brush I'd ever seen! The top of the smaller jar removed.. and the contents were given a sniff. Yum! It smelled sweet.. but it was alittle sticky. The color was a light red and instantly.. I grinned. Damn Woman.. I was gonna kill Sev. She made ediable body paint. Ive seen it before.. but was never the receipiant of such a... gift. Sticking a finger into the goo.. I smeared some on the back of my hand and immediately started to lap it up. Double Yum! The sweetness was devine.. the lasting stick of what I assumed was a honey base... sent my tastebuds into overdrive. Unfortunately.. I heard Ash stirring within the wagon. So I had to set the lil box aside and tend to my morning duties. Going about my usual paths.. getting breakfast ready for Aunt and the kids.. some blackwine brewing and such. Children started to filter out of their wagons... a few eating while they were still asleep. This always made me laugh. Eventually.. the kids all scattered to the winds to tend chores or lessons... and Aunt was finishing up Her blackwine when Ash emerged from the wagon.... uhmmm.. scratching. The look on the old Woman's face made me turn to hide the chuckle... I did not want another crack to the shin's.. at least not till the first one healed.. and now till my knee scabbed over. I heard Her muttered something along the lines of.. "Tarsk's Ass" and She lifted to head off to begin Her weaving. Ash ... still somewhat asleep... came to the fire. I handed Him a plate of eggs and funny enough.. tarsk strips... and then made Him a bowl of blackwine. He said nothing.. but I felt Him.. staring at me. And finally when I sat across the fire from Him.. He spoke. Asking me if I made this.. just for Him. Well I didnt have the heart or the bitchy mood to tell Him that I did this every morning.. and now I just made alittle more. So... I smiled and nodded. Technically.. I made a few more eggs just for Him.. and the blackwine I did make in a bowl... just for Him... so.. I wasnt lying. He seemed pleased.... almost... satisfied. Good. Always start the day on the good side... that way you can fall back on that card later if you fuck up. And I laughed to myself at that thought. He looked at me.. questioning why I was laughing... but I simply rose and walked over.. kissed His cheek and bid Him to have a good day. I caught Him with a mouthfull of food.. planned as it was. Then hurried off to finish dressing and braid my hair. I took that small jar into our wagon and set it on the shelf near the furs. I kept looking at it... over my shoulder. Grinning. I was setting plans into motion. Brow wiggle. Gotta love that Sev. And.. though I am no painter...

I knew exactly what I was going to........

... paint.

Yum.

No comments: