
from the fire of a heart.
I slept.. and slept and slept. I did not dream.. or I do not remember dreaming. Somewhat surprised when I did drift into a conscious state.. I was not sweating. There I be.. in my furs.. completely relaxed. Sure... a few days had gone by.. I'd missed alot.. but I had sleep tucked under my belt. Jax helped me out to the fire where Ash was waiting. It was good to see Him... even though He argued that I was to rest more. I told Him I needed to get to work.. and that included Him. I had placed His stitches well enough before that they needed to be checked. He said He was fine. I wasnt going to argue.
While I had some water that Jax brought.. the three of us sat and talked. I had no pending nightmares to blur my thoughts.. so it was just a tangent of speaking of the past. I was happy to hear of Keifer and Kenope... Vi.. and other's of the first fires long since gone. It was still my secret that I had only reciently seen them. We spoke of the different Ubar's since Ash had taken His journey.. and that got me wondering if He had gone to the Sardar's.. as alot of Men do. I did not ask yet... I would save this for another time. I did ask Him of His Mate, the one He had just before He left. The one I remembered. He didnt say much. I also did not push further... knowing the scars of the past are sometimes very painful. When He did ask me what had happened to His Mate.. I could not answer Him. She.. just like many other's of the First Fires.. had just vanished. I wish I could have told Him something.. but there was nothing.. not a tidbit of info. I could give. That's not to say.. Perhaps.. I did not remember. But I would not make a speculation on something like that.
I turned the track of thought to something more pleasant. Like remembering the fun we had around the fires. Some of the pranks that were involved and some of the events from that time. It even sparked memories that I had forgotten and it made me laugh till my sides hurt. Damn if Ash didnt remember me painting the Ubar's wagon pink. He was Commander of the Ubar's guard then.. and well.. it was His duty to find out who had done it. I know I hid.. errr avoided Him for a good five days back then.
On and on the stories emerged. Some happy.. some sad. Some.. I know now why I placed them in a spot so I would not remember. I finally had to excuse myself so I could return to my wagon to clean up and then get more sleep. I needed to venture to the main fire's soon. Didnt want to be accused of pulling a disappearing act or anything. So... I left Ash and Jax for the comfort of my furs. I had been kissed by the fire of a heart. By those that cared.. by those that loved. It was a good feeling to have again.
And more of the pieces fell back into place.

No comments:
Post a Comment