After how many years does one stop counting Birthdays. I was stabilized at 21, the best year of my life. In two days time, it will be my Birthday. Im not sure Jerus knows... the other's werent around way back when to remember, so they dont either. I guess I am glad of this. I never did consider the day anything special. Once your stabilized, you dont feel any older or look it for that matter. So, why bother? The twins know, but I made them promise not to tell Jerus. I dont want Him to have to think He needs to do something. I'd just be happy to have Him around. He's been so busy lately, I feel I never get to see Him unless He is hollaring at me for one of my recent adventures. The ankle chain is gone. I promised to stay around the wagon, but the detail of ten remain. Jerus may appear to trust me, I know better. He knows me all too well. Sometimes that's good... most of the time, it's bad. He knows what Im thinking before I do, I believe. He's known me since He was a young boy...He's had time to watch, read... learn and memorize most everything Ive done. I do however want to go and visit Tarra's clinic. She says She had lots of interesting things there. Might be good for Her to see if She can determine how big the baby is at this point. I have a tendency to deliver early cause of large birth weights. This child is no exception. Tarra says Im waddling. I think She is full of boskdung. Me... Silkenhawk, waddle? Bah... beyond me. If She wasnt my most loved Sister, I would have popped Her one in the nose. Then Shi and Jerus would pounce on me and I'd have to dish out an ass-whoopin to them. I have the feeling that Tarra will be pregnant within the next moon's turning. In a way Im happy... but also mad. I was hoping to get a month or so of knock down, drag out fighting in with Her. But cant if She's with child. Just as She has refrained from kicking my arse, I will have to do the same.
Dakota and Shanay are very excited to have the baby arrive. Shanay will make a wonderful Mother someday. She is already setting up places for Her new baby brother to be with Her. She is trying to make blanket out of a leaft over piece of fur. It is fun to watch Her learning to sew, cant count how many times She poked Her finger with the needle. Dakota on the other hand is excited, but I think alittle jealous. He has won over Jerus' attention and I feel Kota is worried that Jerus wont have time for Him once "Wily" arrives. I have tried to explain to them that even though both our time will be limited, we still love them very much, and right now, their new brother will need extra attention because He cannot do for Himself like they can. I will do my best to set time aside to spend with each one, so they dont feel left out.
Jerus came home with a gift for me today... Its beautiful. A "blood jade" pendant, the symbol of their names encircled in one ring, surrounded by the four bosk horns, slightly carved into the stone iteslf, and filled with silver. A matching bracelet, same design. It took my breath away.
I had also hoped to get away for a few days with Jerus, before the birth. Just some quiet time alone to enjoy each other.
It could happen.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment