Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Page 37 (6/11/2006) Long beautiful hair

So I was having a moment. I just couldnt stand that damn braid in my hair anymore. It was driving me looney. I left the younger kids with Dakota and took off with Shanay to the river. It had been some time since my oldest daughter and I had a chance to talk alone... So off we went. Had a nice meal packed and yes.. even took the detail along. Jerus would have no reason to complain. As we sat near the water, talking about life.. I was surprised to find out that Shanay has a love interest. Though She wouldnt tell me who.. I could tell She was very interested in Him. I have a feeling it is Jax's Son who is about 2 years older than She. Innocent as it is... I decided to do Nay's hair. I brushed the long red curls out and fashioned a beautiful braid, tight to Her head. Fixing some dina's into the weave.. I smiled and She did too as She caught Her reflection in the pool of water nearby. She is gonna be a heartbreaker. I could tell She wanted to run off and show Her new hair style off to this certain young man. As I was brushing out my hair.. She stood and moved behind me.. taking the brush and started to comb it through my hair. Granted.. this was nice.. a bonding moment and all.. but Jerus was the only one that ever took time to help me with this firey mane of mine... to have another Woman's help... well, this was special. Shanay started to seperate strands and with some flipping.. tugging a few pulls.. and hard !! I think She did that on purpose... She finally sighed in completion of a masterpiece. I checked the reflection in the water and gasped at the most lovely site. This young girl had a way with hair... just like me.. She could create fantastic styles with hair.. but on other people... not ourselves. Shanay had added some little blue flowers to my braid and then leaned to down to kiss my cheek and took off with half the detail to visit Her young friend. As for me... I was bosk horn happy and couldnt wait to get back to the wagon and wait for Jerus. Finally!!! My hair could be down.. yet in a braid.
Hope He notices... and likes it.

No comments: