Tarra and I returned last night... It wasnt good. I have yet to see Jerus.. seems He is too busy to come to camp... or He heard and just doesnt want to be bothered.
After we left, I was able to find out from Tarra we were going to Schendi. Now.. Ive never been there before, so I was a bit excited.. that is until the Outpost came into view and Tarra went quiet. I dismounted off the kaiila and began to read the tracks, since Tarra said the place should be swarming with Men or at least some that should have ridden out to meet us by now. I saw signs of a scuffle.. a sword fight and though I didnt tell Tarra.. I saw where a young Woman had been drug away. Tarra dismounted off the kaiila and we approached the Post carefully. She spoke to me to stay close and as I turned to look at Her, I felt the wind shift against my back. My quiva was already drawn and I turned to see a rather large.. pissed off Man charging me. Now.. I know I speak a good story.. claiming how I can fight like a Man and all... but deep down, I damn well know I am no match for a Warrior. My quiva was brought up as Jerus had taught me... up and paraelle to the ground, which blocked the initial strike the Man would have wish connected with my head. I dove to the side and rolled, then hopped up into a fighting stance... when I saw the other Man emerge. I know now this one was a Mamba cause Tarra told me so later. She was skilled enough to daze the Mamba with some of the ancient language long enough that She could strike and bring Him down. As the one I fought glanced over.. I swirled my bola and was able to distract Him long enough to draw my daggers which connected into His legs, just above the knee, rendering Him imobile. As He fell to the ground, I hopped into saddle and rode in fast, diving off to drive the quiva through His shoulder and pinning Him to the ground. Now that the Man was still alive.. Jerus would be proud, I hope.. We started to question Him. Tarra went to the Man and started asking Him questions, while I roughly removed my quiva once the Man had been tied and secured. I checked the rest of the area for more.. and thankfully, none were about. As I moved back to Tarra and the Man, She easily had plucked the Man's eye from it's socket without breaking a sweat. Skies.. I love Her... so much like me. So.. as She asked questions... I got to put some of His teeth and torment Him. Finally.. Tarra had what She wanted and slit the Man's throat. We burned both bodies and as I watched the flames devour them, I noticed Tarra had walked to the edge of the Jungle. Following Her.. I paused to see the emotions flow through Her and I knew it was nothing good. A necklace, worn by Her daughter, soaked in blood was in Her hands. We returned to the Post for the night and after talking to Tarra for a bit.. I knew I had to get Her home to Shi. Only He could ease Her griefstricken heart. Course.. Tarra was about to leave and I wasnt about to leave Her.. so.. I thwaped Her on the head with the hilt of my quiva and hoisted Her to the kaiila. Riding all night within my own thoughts of anger and dispair, we made it to the Plains to be met by the Outriders and Shi... who.. was none to happy to see us. Ordered back to camp and to stay put... I searched the riders for any sign of Jerus... and yes.. saddly, He was no where to be seen. I found a wave of jealously rush through me as Shi at least knew Tarra was gone... and though His anger towards my Sister was greater than I expected... I wished someone was there to speak to me. He wasnt. I waited several more Ahn's for Toronado to ride into camp, and when He didnt... I felt the swell of rage grow. Shi and I got into a battle of words... How could He treat Tarra so horribly, when Her daughter was dead??? He was cold ... and I couldnt believe the words that came from His mouth... even chaining Tarra to the wagon was almost enough to make me want to impale Him. When I tried to reason with Him.. He approached me and picked me up, telling me to Shut up if I knew what was good for me... and then He threw me down onto the steps of the wagon. He then threatened me that if I spoke any further, I would be on the ground.... so.. I left. At least Tarra and I have matching bruises.. but Her's resembles a backhand.. mine is a nice dark line across my back. The similarities between Tarra and I are so pronounced, but most wouldnt see them as we hide alot under different facades. I dont think even Shi has seen most of them, I wish I knew what happened to this Man I once called brother.. but I lost respect for Him this night. Reguardless of my feelings towards Shi right now, I must be there for my Sister as She deals with this pain of losing a child. I too have been there... and it is no fun to go through it alone....
Alone.... How terrible it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment