Today I am leaving the Harigga for 3 days and going to visit with Jerus. The twins, I think are just as excited as I am. They woke early and started to pack everything to keep them busy for the days. Kota, made a small wooden lance that He's been cutting and shaping for 3 hands, He's been doing some sanding to it, I must admit, it is very nice for a young child. Shanay made Jerus a small leather satchel, big enough to carry a water bota or paga, in His case. She stiched some pieces of leather I had left over from a skirt I made.The kids missed Him alot and cant wait to get started on the trip. Ive already stocked the wagon with food and water and some of Jerus' special Paga... I think He will be happier to see it, than me.
I have a surprise for Him too... Since He's been gone, Ive been working on a rather neat outfit of my own. I was able to get ahold of some leather and just 5 days ago, got it dyed to the color I wanted. Pitch black, I worked the hide into a very soft, plyable material to work with. It is two seperate pieces.. the first being the pants, skin tight of course, I'd have it no other way. The sides slit up from ankle to waistband. I corded some pieces of leather and stiched them in X's all the way up the outside of each leg. Rather sexy, I think. The vest to match is low cut and open in the front with the X's holding it closed. A Woman just loves to have Her "girlfriends" peeking out. The edge of the leather just barely covers pert buds. The shoulder straps are like a tank top... I love bare shoulders.
Boots were cleaned and shinned up... and Ive got a string of feathers to be tied within my hair. Shanay braided it for me, I'll add the feathers before I leave. Kyra will join us, My 3rd generation larl who hasnt met Jerus yet, since I cant keep Her near the bosk... Trajen would have a fit. We will pick Her up out near the edge of the plains, where She stays and hunts. I miss having Her around.
It's just about time to go... my heart is pounding so fast, I swear it can be heard across the camp. Maybe I'll bring my journal... Not sure.
:::with the kids packed, the wagon ready... She waved Goodbye to those in camp and headed out to meet Him... smiling from ear to ear::::::
We finally arrived, several Ahn's later... having been met on the Plains by a flurry of Outriders, led by of course, that huge kaiila and it's rider. Kota nearly jumped out of the wagon when He saw Jerus... I grabbed Him by the scruff of the neck and yanked Him back. Shanay squeeled happily, clapping as Papa Jerus rode up... as for me... Im anxious for some rest and alittle alone time with Jerus. He lifted me from the wagon and set me to the ground and we held each other for quite some time. The children headed off with the Outriders to explore the camp site... as Jerus and I walked to the fire. He sat me down and told me to wait here... I guess He went off to secure the wagon and give instructions to the OR's. So, luckily, I did bring my journal, Men think us Women can sit with nothing to do? Bad move, especially for me... I have never been known to sit still for any amount of time. Figity, I guess.. but I havent met too many Wind Whisperers that werent jumpy or edgey. I hope He has some dinner waiting... I dont feel much like cooking, and Im starving. Not much of an appetite since Jerus' been gone. I think Ive mentioned how I hate the way He's affected me.
I can see Him, in the distance, talking to the Men... Im staring again... Im trying to look busy when He glances over, quickly writing in this thing... He keeps smiling at me, damn, He knows Im watching Him. Pompous male... guess it matches my arrogance.
The plains are so beautiful at night. I'd forgotten how quiet and serene they were. It's always so busy around the Harigga, one can lose that sense of peace that the land has to offer. Think I'll take a quick nap...after... some Paga of course.....
Life... is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment