Maybe it's gonna rain... Im not sure. Maybe it's still just alittle too chilly in the mornings, or the camp fires are being tended too more... but I'll be darned if every morning when I get up there is this cloud around the wagon. It seems to envelope Bo and Dashie's wagon as well. The wind seems to drift it towards our wagon where it hangs for awhile. It could be decomposing grass, the tint of this cloud is a bit green... almost toxic. That reminds me, I must tell Bo and Dash to be carefull with their fire in the wagon, I saw alot of smoke coming from the vents in the canvas last night. ohh and then there is this smell... like old wet socks being soaked in bosk dunk and left in the heat of day to simmer. I will have to talk to the slaves and tell them not to keep the dung sacks under the wagon anymore. Must be something those beasts are eating, change in diet I guess but Skies what a stench.
Talia has finally fully adjusted to the move. She is eating and sleeping on a regular schedual that suits me fine. Wily, ahhh the WilyBug. His adjustment took all of 3 Ehn. He likes to visit with Aunt Tarra and Uncle Shi and play with Halley. Dont know why He wont stay with His own Sister, He says She needs to go back. I think the WilyMan is feeling a bit pushed aside by me for all the attention Talia is getting. I will have to make more time for Him before we have another streaking incident. The newest interest... He is suddenly fasinated with His Uncle Bo and Auntie Dash. I caught Him playing outside their wagon, in the midst of that awful fog last night. He was strutting around, pretending to be Bo... giving orders to unseen Guards and Warriors. Drinking His water like it was Paga... and then it happened. The lil man made a WhizzzPopper. Now, I thought this child of mine would look around and chuckle, but no.. instead He just scratched and folded His arms.. damn if He wasnt proud. Maybe He just didnt hear it? or realize it? Wrong again, Silken.... He proceeded to strain and struggle and do it again ! And I'll be damned if He didnt start protraying Dash too ! He actually carried on a conversation. acting like Bo and Dash for several Ehn.... sticking His lil belly out when He would speak for Dash... scratching body parts when He was Bo. Well, it was cute for a short time, till the WilyDash person got the WhizzPoppers too. WilyDash started yellin for pickled eggs or something and the WilyBo refussed to get them. More WhizzPoppers, Rip-Snorters and stomping around till I made a sound that alerted Him to my presence. I had to call Him over and inquire as to what He was doing. He had those innocent.. "What me?" eyes and mine narrowed on this lil tike. " Wily ", I said "Have you been listening in on Bo and Dash? " Wily grinned from ear to ear and nodded. " Yup, Momma.. I sit under da wagon and listen to the music ! " "Music?" I asked, "What music, Wily?" He responded " The horns, Momma. Unk Bo and Auntie Dash play the horns at night when it gets reallllll quiet.... and skies, Momma.. one of them can play a note real long and loud too ! " Hmmm ok, this was interesting. I didnt know Dashie and Bo played any instrument. This I would have to investigate further. But, I had Wily to tend to now and spoke to Him quietly. " Wily... It's nice that you want to spend time with Bo and Dash, but sitting under their wagon without them knowing it, is not very nice. I dont want you doing it again... unless you tell them your there.... ok?" Wily nodded, in one ear...out the other... and He was off to find Dakota and play. I called after Him.. " Wily ! Watch out for that cloud of smoke " Course.. He was gone.
Skies, my eyes are watering again and my throat is burning... darn dung sacks.. I must have an allergy. Here comes that fog... I think Im gonna ask Jerus if we can move our wagons further apart and get some air circulating between them. So much for my appetite.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment