We made it South, with little casualities. Reports are still coming in and the few stray wagons that trailed far behind have now arrived. Those that lost wheel and where not repairable during the move will be retrieved in the coming days.
The kids had a blast on the trail. Dakota and Shanay, the ole pro's at wagon driving are exhausted and sleep alot now. I expect a few more days and they will settle once more into camp life. Talia, didnt fair the move well at all. She fussed, fought, screamed and squirmed the whole way. I swear that babe has teeth and my errrr uhhhmmm body shows the scars. Wily... on the other hand... now He took every advantage of the ride. He couldnt sit still and couldnt stay in the wagon. If the sight of a streaking redheaded lil Tuchuk wasnt enough to alert Turia we were on the move... then, I dont know what was. Of course, I think... like Father, like Son. The children have been more than thrilled to tell me of the story with Wily and Dashie Pants. How She made sock puppets to entertain our Son's time. From what I understand, that lil sprite decided to give Dashie's "hand" a good bite... something about a Larl and a Warrior and He was gonna "bite the larl's ear off". I must talk to that kiddo.. biting isnt nice, course maybe then I need to talk to Jerus about that as well. :::She laughed softly to Herself::: Yeah.. I know.. the Father/Son thing again. But none the less, Wily has been running around with "scars" on His cheeks..proclaiming He is " Wily the breaded Tuchuk!!! " I dont think I will tell Him it's dreaded, the other sounds just too damn cute. And that kid.. you could just coat Him in crumbs and eat Him up... just ask Auntie Dash. Course the scars would be some red clay, black ash, wagon grease and some paint He managed to get into. Harmless...and still adorable.
Dashie has shared some fantastic news with me. I am thrilled to know She and Bo are expecting. Of course, the healer in me started working the dates and coming up with a due time. Wont be soon enough for me. I just adore kids.... OTHER people's kids. heh heh. Dash is already glowing and I presume She will only do so more as the hands pass. It's such an amazing feeling to watch the love of two people grow into this combination of both their adoration. I must confess that being pregnant, though it sometimes disagrees with me, is the time I am happiest. To see one's belly swell, feel the child kick and turn inside you...growing stronger day by day... it takes my breath away... or is that just a foot being shoved into a lung? I love to see Jerus' face when He talks to the unborn baby.. to watch His smile and listen to His voice... His voice.. is like nothing I can compare. Ah the shivers it gives me. ::ahem, snaps back from daydreaming:: And of course, the baby likes it too. Ive already placed my order for some pieces of leather to make Dashie and Bo's tyke a set of leathers.
Ughhh there's a nekkid Tuchuk running past again... ohhhh dont worry.. this one is about 2 foot tall and red headed. I know it isnt Jerus... cause I can hear the Women clapping and not... laughing??? ohhh Im so dead... ::::She laughed hard and went to corral Her son back into the wagon, or at least into some clothes:::
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment