Last night, my head was about to rotate off my shoulders and spilt in two. The Wily bug tested my patience, Dakota and Shanay seem to have nothing better to do than avoid their younger siblings.. and Talia was fitfull all night... I think She is teething, so She has an excuse.
It started with Wily streaking through camp... at Kota's suggestion of course. Then Bo with His brainstorm of telling the boy not to strain to make "poppers" cause He would shit Himself, which.. was made audiable over and over by the WilyMan. The the lil redheaded, freckle faced Tuchuk dives on an injured Shi, who captures Him finally and I was able to get my hands on Him. Several good resounding smacks to that bare backside and I'd had enough. I turned Wily over to Kota and Shanay and told them to deal with Him for the night.. and if Wily set foot outside the wagon again this night, I told my twins I would beat them within an inch of their lives. Skies, I needed some rest. Jerus has been in the Herds so many nights now, and Ive been alone... with the bratlings..no rest.. Im about to pop an axle. Talia is a Papa's girl, Ohhh She is fine with me, but also very much like me.. She gets crankey when Jerus is absent for a long period of time. So after I entered the wagon, She started fussin. I tried to feed Her, She bit me, well gummed me with those hard, inflamed pre-teeth gums. Luckily, tanya was about and took the baby to the craddle, singing Her to sleep. I soon after lost my patience with the slave, she just seemed so pleased with herself in getting my daughter to sleep... and the slave is so damn proper ! I wound up grabbing one of Jerus' belts and beating her across the back and shoulders.. hitting the mark a few times as she ran from the wagon sobbing and whimpering.
My temper is growing... my patience thin.. very thin. The headaches are worse than ever. I havent eaten... why? Dont know. Heck.. I havent had a bota of Paga in... hands. Maybe it's Paga Withdrawl. I did get some decent sleep last night. Talia slept all night and I woke to Her playfull cooing and babble. I havent seen tanya yet.. good.. better off that way. Damn slave reminds me of.. well me, long time ago. I fed Talia and dressed after I took a bath and washed the hair. It was then I noticed Dakota and Shanay franticlly searching the camp grounds. Looking under wagons, in dung sacks and they looked... nervous. I watched for several Ehn, until it hit me... Wily.. was no where to be seen. A warm feeling of fear washed over me, and remembering my promise of the past night, I ran to Kota and grabbed Him by the scruff of the neck. He turned white and looked to me, Shanay I could see had been crying. She spun around and started to run when I called Her to stop and get Her backside over here. Now, Kota... still a Young Man and an honorable Tuchuk already, didnt much fear His Mother's threats, this I knew... but He was visably shaken. I asked.. "Where is your brother !!!??" Shanay started crying, even Dakota I think welled up and whispered " Momma, He was with us in the wagon. We went to sleep... and when I woke up half an Ahn later... He was gone !!! Nay and I have been looking all night ! " I felt my headache returning and my legs started to shake. Kota winced as I subconsciously started to tighten my grip on His neck. When He groaned, I lightened up realizing I still held Him. " Momma, please dont beat us !!! " Shanay cried. And I looked to them and spoke in that low, motherly tone. "Find Him.. now!" The twins took off in search of the WilyBug once more. I did my best to maintain calm, but for the first time in ages, I was scaired to death. I imagined my youngest son wandering the plains.. or meeting up with a stray sleen.. or worse, captured by Turia.. I had to close my eyes and shake the visions from my head. Taking a deep breath I started my search in the other direction, calling Wily's name here and there. Not long after, one of Dashie's guards approached and lay a hand to my shoulder. He told me of Wily spending the night with Unka Bo and Auntie Dashie and that He was still in the wagon. I ran like the wind to Her wagon and peeked inside... the fear drained slowly and a smile drifted over lips. Inside was Dashie and Wily curled up together still sleeping. I thought that my poor Sister Dash must not have slept alot lately and the comfort of a young one beside you always made you feel good... so I left the BugMan there with Her for awhile longer. I approached the guard and told Him that I wanted no one to know that I knew where Wily was and upon Dash waking up, wanted to teach the twins a lesson. That Dash was to keep Wily with Her as long as She could handle, so I could rile the twins into a frenzy for their less than desirable attention span. Funny thing is.. Wily always behaved well with Dashie and Bo. I also wouldnt let Jerus know that I knew where our son was, for His genuine reaction to the twins would be much more clear. I to would play the part of the frantic Mother. The guard nodded and stood outside the wagon, waiting for them to awaken. I returned to our wagon and waited for Jerus to return. The twins passed by many times, crying, sobbing.. calling for their brother. I had Jerus' belt in my hand once more, which was snapped against my palm... as I stared at the two.... Dakota and Shanay would learn the hard way, what it means to not take their siblings for granted
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment