Anticipation.... Anxious... Exhausted. I sat with Seth for sometime at the fire. He held me close... I needed it. I kept looking towards Tarra's wagon... something told me... the baby would be coming. I wanted to run there and make sure everything was all right. I knew I could not. For us older Woman well past the birthing of more than five children... it is something we do naturally. We dont need help... but I was there... if it was needed. What a wonderful moment for Garxy... to see His child delivered into the world.. to hear Him cry.. to count fingers and toes. And for Tarra.. to expierence the emotion of giving such a gift to Her Mate. Yes... I envied them last night.
Seth escorted me back to my wagons... I checked on the children... tucked them in and then sat with Seth on the steps while He took up His night duties. I didnt say a word for many Ahn's. I was lost in thought of how happy I was for Tarra and Garyx. I remembered each and every time one of mine was born... Jerus delivering them. Just us.. together.. sharing the moment a new life came to the plains. I miss Him. Our first born.. the Wily Man... was joyous enough. Yet.. I started to think how He was not the first for either of us. The first is always special. I found myself looking at Seth and studying His profile. Would we have children together? What would they look like... or what will they look like. It would be His first... and I suddenly longed to see that look in His eyes. A look I knew well... gazing upon your first born.
I had to walk off some of the energy but I didnt go far. I paced around the small camp fire of my wagons... and Seth watched in silence. He always smiles when He looks at me. Im lucky. He knows when words are needed and when they arent. When finally the tension released and I had not been called.. I knew everything was alright. I rested.. sitting with Seth to the hold of a strong arm around me.. pulled against His side.
Morning came and I went to the main fire to see Tarra. She looked radient and lovely. Glowing. My visit had to be quick.. and I didnt want to overwhelm Her.. so I headed back to the wagons and sent tanya over with lots of food so Tarra and Garyx didnt have to cook. Back within the wagon I had a box that I uncovered and carried it out. With Jax help.. we brought it over to their wagon. tanya was keeping the food warm and I set the box to their platform. I cannot sew very well... not like the weavers and blanket makers.. and I do not make leather things too good either. But one thing I am good at is wood. I like to work it with my daggers. Rather than waste... I took some pieces from the wagon.. and spent the last few night finishing my gift. A wooden mobile for the baby. I bleached the wood and carved little bosk.. and stars.. and yes.. even a Hawk on the top. I left the gift and tanya behind. the girl would stay and keep the food warm for them as long as they needed.
Back on my steps... I watched as my children ran around and played. Many things came back to me... some good.. some bad. I would rest for a bit before returning to check on Tarra and the baby.. and yes Garyx too... though there isnt much that can be done for constant smile syndrome. Either way... I would be there for them.
Life goes on....
.. its a beautiful thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment