Seth did sleep into early nightfall. I watched Him... damn fine looking Warrior... mmmhmmm. In any case... pudge wanted to help. tanya was cleaning the wagon so... I sorta... thought.. Seth could use a nice sponge bath. Yes.. me. I said it. See.... I dont have a problem with pudge... cause.. well.. the girl doesnt like... sausage. she is more of a... sorp type girl. Heh. Finally.. the wagon was cleaned and both girl's headed outside to get some dinner ready. It was then that Seth sat up .. screaming... words flying from His lips and His fists tight.. ready to fight. I crouched beside Him and drew Him back to the present. Funny thing... sedatives.. they make you dream all crazy. He was yelling about taking someone from the fire... that He would break bones... and when I finally turned His face to mine and our eyes locked... He calmed. He smiled... Skies.. I love that smile. pudge brought some broth and bread in for Him.. and we sat and talked while He ate. The arm and leg are fine.. healing well. Im sorry to say.. He can go back to His wagon tonight. I kinda liked having the company.. but not the circumstances they fell under. Seth is probably going to be mad.. but there will be no working at the Forge for a few more days... and when He does finally return... He will need to protect the arm for several days after that. The talking continued well into the night as I worked on herbs and salves. Treated a few minor injuries here and there... and He ate His fill of bread and broth. I had one other patient in the observation area's beside Seth last night.. so at least I had someone to pass the time with. The Woman that came to me had a nasty cut that was infected.. I tried treating it with the salves but it was slow to heal.. so I needed to drain the infection. It was painfull and I kept Her with me overnight so I could manage the pain and drainage. I sent Her back to Her wagon's this morning. She was already feeling better. tanya brought Seth some new clean clothes and I left them for my duties of the day. It's going to be awful lonely and quiet tonight.
I wonder if He misses me too??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment