Saturday, October 4, 2008

Page 380 (8/1/2008) Hello?

I noticed something today... the sound my boots make on the steps of the wagon. It was loud... louder than I have ever noticed. It made me look around... to the emptiness of the Harigga. No one is around.. and I mean no one. The occasional Outrider passes by.. grabbing a meal.. a drink.. but the fire is no longer a gathering place. The Grey's remain empty... the laughter that once filled the air is replaced by the sounds of my boots. Wierd. Everyone seems to have gone missing.. or at least staying in the confines of their wagons.
I went to check on Cana... Tug told Wily She just.. wasnt Herself. I found Rook at the wagon and left Him some berry tea for Cana.. and some lolli's for the boys. I didnt intrude or insist on seeing Her... sometimes we needed our space without prying people. At least She knows I was there and I was willing to help.. either to talk or see Her as a healer. Having babies so close together does put a strain on the body.. something I am well familar with myself.
One good thing about the quiet that surrounds the Harigga is.. Shi and I have had alot of time to talk.. and alot of time to discover much about the other that we perhaps failed to do before. I have no doubts that this time.. we will make it. Our blood has been mixed once more... Him in me... Me in Him. I dont think anyone knows... no one around to tell actually. I guess they will figure it out once He up and carries me off some night from the main fires... or... my belly is swollen with His child. That of course has been fun... trying. Heh. I think the latter will come first. All the kids have been asking when they will have a new brother or sister or a combination of the two. And I answer.. that it is up to the Skies. But I can see the shine in Shi's eyes when He talks about another little Tuchuk running around. He glows more than a pregnant Woman... its very becomming. It wont be long now till we know if our efforts have been successful. I have been tired lately... but for once.. getting enough rest. I sleep better.. thanks to Shi. Maybe its the unusual heat that is keeping us all down... once cooler weather starts to show.. maybe people will return to the fires. I know I avoid the heat of the day in the shade of the wagons.. and really have no desire to sit by a fire after such an exhausting day... who knows.. all in time I guess.
Much of my thoughts lately have been drawn to Starr. Her connection with Shi is odd... but in a good way. She was just a little one when Her Father died.. and Shi was there to comfort Her. She really has taken a shine to Shi... even calling Him My Papa. Talia and Wily are use to Shi and call Him Papa Shi... Mia and Sonny still call Him.. just Shi. After talking to Shi last night.. I gathered the kids and spoke to them about my Mating Him again. They all understood.. even through my explainations of the why's and what of how it all happened... and the jerk that came between us orignally. Understandably.. they all wanted the security of knowing that this was it.. the last time they would have to face me Mating another one... they were afraid to get to close to who I mated.. knowing that they would leave so suddenly and so soon. I assured them that this was it... barring any unseen event that was beyond our control. Death was a part of the plains. But I have chosen wisely now in a Man that I know wont just let Himself die.. or search out a no win situation.. just to escape His responsibilities. One who isnt weak in mind to just walk away. Their little eyes opened wide hearing this.. understanding it. I made note to them of how.. no matter what happened.. and when.. Shi was there.. caring for us. And still to this day is there. I told them that they should not fear loving Him.. for He will always be there... and always caring for them. After all.. they are His now. Adoption is not something commonly practiced on the plains... usually when a Man Mate's a Woman with children from a prior Mate they are simply considered His. But.. there is an old Tuchuk ritual.. somewhat along the lines of the blood rite for mating that.. can be done with the children so the Man's blood also runs within them. It was actually Wily that brought it up.. He has been reading my books on the Elders and the laws.. and rites of passage. He said He would discuss this blood rite with "the other's" as He put it... and if Shi and I were in agreeance... it might be something to consider. Ultimately.. it is up to the children if all or some wish it... then it is up to Shi if He wants it as well. I will speak to Him about this when next He returns from Patrol.
Im proud of my Wily Man.. how He has grown. He has taken on the role of protector and spokesperson for my little tribe. It is amazing to watch them grow up so fast right before your eyes. I find myself looking down at the flat of my belly.. wondering... hoping.. that perhaps.. things are back on track and as they should be. Also knowing...
we have alot of catching up to do.

No comments: