I woke days later near the Nightmare... by a fire.. wrapped in rolls of furs. My body felt like it had been dragged or run over.. or both.. by a wagon.. maybe five... no.. ten... yes ten. I tried to think back to the last thing I remembered... but my thoughts were clouded. There were a few people around... I had seen them before but did not know them formally. After all.. the Tuchuk were as vast as the plains themselves and it was impossible to know everyone on a first name basis. I did learn a few as they came to check on me.. tending a few scratches but nothing more than that. I had been told the bruises on the back half of me were a pretty colorful pallet.. but would give me no further bother. It all came back to me rather suddenly.. seeing Tarra out in the open.. running to Her.. then the wind. I felt the grasses beneath me again.. my fingers subconsciously curled again and I had to blink and shake my head a few times to draw back to the now. Quickly.. I inquired of Her and was told She is well.. and.. "working". Ah... I nodded and eased back to rest more. I would try again to see Her... but this time... I would go through Ulric.
Still having that unnerved feeling.. I curled into the furs.. hiding perhaps.. hoping whatever was still here just passed over me... maybe it would just sniff me and keep on going. Presume me dead and not worth further torment. My thoughts drifted to my children and the other's on the trail. I knew they were alright. Tuchuk looked after Tuchuk. Besides.. they had the Wily Man with them....
and He could scare the dung outta just about anyone.
(PS.. occ.. TarraMun... You GO Woman!! ::winks:: well said. I wont have to say anything further on it other than... Silken stayed back for an SL too.. and Kam is still here so.. neener neener neener... She is too. Duh.. Guardian !!! Sheshhhh.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment