WHEN YOU'RE DOWN AND TROUBLED
AND YOU NEED SOME LOVING CARE
AND NOTHING,
NOTHING IS GOING RIGHT
CLOSE YOUR EYES
AND THINK OF ME
AND SOON I WILL BE THERE
TO BRIGHTEN UP
EVEN YOUR DARKEST NIGHT
YOU JUST CALL OUT MY NAME
AND YOU KNOW WHEREVER I AM
I'LL COME RUNNING
TO SEE YOU AGAIN
WINTER, SPRING, SUMMER OR FALL
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CALL
AND I'LL BE THERE,
YES I WILL
YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND.....
IF THE SKY ABOVE YOU
GROWS DARK AND FULL OF CLOUDS
AND THAT OLD NORTH WIND BEGINS TO BLOW
KEEP YOUR HEAD TOGETHER
AND CALL MY NAME OUT LOUD
SOON I'LL HEAR ME KNOCKING AT YOUR DOOR
YOU JUST CALL OUT MY NAME
AND YOU KNOW WHEREVER I AM
I'LL COME RUNNING,
RUNNING TO SEE YOU AGAIN
WINTER, SPRING, SUMMER OR FALL
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CALL
AND I'LL BE THERE
YEH YEH YEH
OH AIN'T IT GOOD TO KNOW
THAT YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND
WHEN PEOPLE CAN BE SO COLD
THEY'LL HURT YOU,
AND DESERT YOU
AND TAKE YOUR SOUL
IF YOU LET THEM
OH, BUT DON'T YOU LET THEM
YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND
I fell asleep somewhere after dinner. Wasnt my choice.. it just caught up to me. Wasnt all that bad.. I didnt dream right away.. but when I did.. I woke up sweating and about to scream. My Nightmare had returned. The ache in my bones told me I had remained tense even in slumber and I did my best to shake it off. The wagon felt like a sweatbox and I needed air. The platform was my vantage point and I sat.. watching people pass by. Some smiled.. some waved.. and some spoke whispers under their breath. I could hear them now.. foretelling of my emotional state and how I looked. Did I really look like I was going to kill someone? I tuned them out.. best I could.. focusing on a blade of grass. Soon.. it was quiet.. everyone had retired to their respectfull wagons for the night.. enjoying the laughter and company of family. And here sits Silken. The echo's of my children scattered in their homes reached deaf ears. My silent prison was broken with the call of my name. And I turned to see Shiwith verr abundant on a kaiila. For a moment I wanted to chase Him away and continue to wallow in my pity.. but I greeted Him and He came to sit beside me. We talked for Ahn's.. and He arranged for a verr to be cleaned and cut for me and the kids. I thanked Him and He told me to never thank Him for caring. How could I respond to such? I couldnt. We continued our talk.. and most of His words cut me right down to the bone. History repeating itself... and He knew this would happen. I was glad He didnt say.. " I told you so " He remained sincere... respectful and just a tad bit mindfull of my present mindset.
As night fell darker.. we took a walk on the plains. It was what I needed. The open air.. but not the solitude. We laughed several times.. this alone was a boundary I crossed not often as of late.. it still felt wrong. Our steps had taken us in no direction but by the time I noticed how far out I'd moved.. the fires were small dots of light on the horizon. Shi looked at me and told me He needed to check up on the slaves and their tending of the verr. I nodded.. I needed to get back anyway. He smiled and then said... " And yes Silken.. I still do " My brows lifted and I questioned.. Still do what? But I got no answer. He just grinned and disappeared into the darkness. I frowned... I mulled this over several times. Then I realized.. I was standing out on the open plains.. alone.. unarmed and... well shit. Great. A shake of my head sent my braid swaying over my back. A grumble passed my lips and I started back to the wagons. I felt like I had my brother and friend back... yet.. I was once again.. left alone.
Sonofvabitch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment