Saturday, October 4, 2008

Page 386 (8/28/2008) Just what I needed

After the last few days... I was feeling pretty lonely. Its hard to shake those feelings. Shi is out on duties and patrol's... there is still no word on Fonce... Im starting to worry about that too. All the Men have disappeared.. I know of the few that search for Fonce being... Kam.. Garyx... and Shi. The other's have all seemed to have been swallowed by the plains. No signs... no sightings... what's become of us?
Ive not seen any of the Woman except for Cana and Nette. Tarra I know is around but with all the work past .. present and future.. it makes it hard to stop and chat... or even see each other at all. I still wonder if She got the small gift I sent.
I had a visit from a friend that lives in the Forests... She was returning home after a long journey and stopped one of the Outriders.. requesting to see me. I didnt allow Her into the camp... so I took Jax and rode out to meet Her. She looked well and we talked for some time before things got ugly. Maybe it was my mood.. maybe it was something on Her mind... or both and the same for each of us... but it ended in a rather nasty scuffle. Dagger's were drawn and we fought.. and tho to an untrained onlooker... it would have seem we fought to the death.. never would either have struck a fatal blow against one another. Yes.. there were cuts and slashes... and punches to the face... but sometimes... it just feels good to kick the shit out of someone. I took a sharp jab to the mouth which surprised my friend and She stopped to ask if I had forgotten my training. No.. I laughed and spit out blood... then told Her I opted to protect another part of my body.. over my face. She was even more livid then to learn I was with child. Something I forgot to mention? No.. I just didnt want Her taking it easy on me. So... my arms received the worse of the battle in my dodging and blow blocking. And yes.. I felt alive again. She left with Her usual call... "Your ass is mine bitch".. and I returned the endearment with a.. "Love you too wench" and we parted ways until the next time our paths would cross.
Back at the Harigga in the silence and emptiness.. I patched up my cuts and nursed my throbbing already huge lip. It made me laugh and everytime I did.. I winced.. cursing my dear friend but loving the memories. I ran into Nette and got a few hugs and kisses in before I needed to salt and cure some fish for the move. She looked good.. tired.. and I was glad to see Her and have a few moments to chat. Always good to know your loved.. and even better to hear it when you down in the dumps. For the moment my muscles felt good.. stretched and not so stiff. I have been lax in moving about and sulking only makes you hurt everywhere. Im sure by nightfall.. I'll be cringing with soreness but... at least I did something today. I have a few people to see.. a few calls for healing.. then its off to cure the meats and fish. Jerky must be started.. and wagons must be readied to move.
I say it every season we move but it gets harder and harder to pack up and make the trip to the Winter grounds.....
Im getting to old for this.
Arent I ?

No comments: