I woke this morning feeling heavy.. tired... like my body wasnt mine and I couldnt move it. A haze clouded my vision and my skin when touched.. felt rubbery. Something in the broth.. I thought. Something to make me sleep. I waited till everyone stopped fussing and coming to check on me before I took out my journal. I didnt want to talk.. I dont want to... but I can here. I heard that Seth was back. I heard the children yelling and I heard Him call for me... but I didnt go. It's just another trick.. another ploy to fool me. I also heard from Wily that Shi was outside for quite some time.. pacing. There are more Men around my wagon too... more eyes and ears to watch me I assume. Wily says they came with Shi and stayed after He left. So be it. I wont protest.. I wont complain. I know that Seth stayed last night... evident by the chain around my ankle that remains even after He left this morning. His little way of saying.. "Stay" Like I was going anywhere anyways. It better not be a punishment... cause I surely didnt do anything to deserve it. He prolly knows I might just up and take off.. try and clear my head. But not anytime soon.
Wily told me all about Seth's journey.. hunting.. fighting and roaming.. whatever that means. I listened... I mean what more could I do. Im just not interested. What I thought was a clear cutthroat way out.. has now branched out more and a different route must be found. I will have to wait and see what the future holds and how things change before I make a final decision. Instead of being watched.. I am now the watcher. The listener...
Judge and Jury.
Court is in session.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment