Sporatic pains began yesterday morning into the afternoon. I finished trading what I could... letting Dakota take over before early evening. When the last of the goods had been bartered... my son found me near the small fire outside the post. He had brought me a bowl of warmed paga cut with water by more than half. I was thankful for three reasons.. one, that my son was so caring two that it was paga and three... it was warm. The nights grow chilly and seem misrable when your alone... more so when your in pain. Once darkness fell and the moons light was hazed by approaching clouds... the pain became worse. More frequent and it was all I could do to keep talking to Dakota. Suddenly I felt warmth and at ease. I looked up to see Shi enter the firelight. I wanted to kill both of them.. Kota for calling Him and Him for coming... but I knew He would know I needed Him... I just wouldnt admit to it. He helped me up and my Son and Jax readied our beasts to return to Goldstar. Kota rode ahead to prepare and Shi called to get the girl's to help. My Son would allow them to aid Him but knew my wishes to not have any slave nearby.. at least in killing distance or arms reach... out of sight was good too. So once everything was readied.. Dakota would send tanya off to be with the children. jesa... I rathered she got lost too. Its a known fact she belonged to that other jerkweed I was mated to once... and Im so glad she was given to Shi before that boskarse could hurt her too... but I still dont like slaves very much.. even the one's I tolorate and I especially dont want them around me now when Im at my most.. vunerable. I know Shi would never let anything happen to me.. I just dont need that extra worry and concern right now. With the Men's help... Shi lifted me up to the saddle of His kaiila before Him. His arm craddled at my back while the other held the reins and drapped over my rather large belly. I could feel His grip tighten around me when my stomach took to contracting.. rolling.. tightening.... it was all I could do to remain upright during it. We rode in the dim light of night. Now and then I rested.. even napped against His shoulder and chest.. listening to thebeat of His heart against my ear. So strong and so full of life... a shame people dont know the Shi that I know. If they took the time and really saw past the outer shell.. they might just be surprised.. but that's another story. But I did have to rest.. I was pretty sure I was going to be on my own for this.. so to speak. Shanay and Dakota would be there... but I didnt think Shi the type to... take over and direct... or the type to be forcefull enough with me to get the job done. Well... who didnt whine just alittle bit during labor... ehhh? Im not sure which kept me warmer during the ride back... Shi or the paga... but they were both nice. And when we arrived back at our circle of wagons... He lowered me to an awaiting Dakota who gathered me in His arms... thankfully.. my legs were numb and I couldnt stand at first. Dakota crouched down as our small tribe came over... kisses and hugs... smiles and some masks of concern. I managed a smile and a few jokes to ease our children and told them by next night... they would greet another member or members to our family. tanya gathered them up and would get them to sleep and tomorrow she planned activities to keep them busy well into the night. I calculated I had perhaps another 10 Ahn to go... give or take. I needed my rest.. I needed my strenght. Shanay brought the tea that would help me sleep.. She even prepared a kettle of blackwine for Shi. He walked over and took me from Kota's arms and brought me into His wagon. He sat with me on the furs... holding me... brushing hair from my forehead and rubbing my belly. I whispered a few requests of things I wanted brought in.. special furs.. my medical kit and so on... just before sleep took me. Shi was speaking low... I couldnt understand what He said... but just the low drone.. the lull of His voice.. sent me into soft dreams of sun and grass... so vivid.. I could even smell it. It was morning before I knew it.. and I woke with a terrible twinge of pain... and called for Shi. He was still there... I dont think He moved all night. When I gasped... He tightened His arms around me... kissed my cheek and whispered... Im here love. I smiled.. I nuzzled against Him... and then I whispered....
It's gonna be a long day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment