Ahn's turned to days... days away from the Harigga and I had no desire to go back. My children were fine.. they loved the open plains.. the air.. and no drama. The only drama was my own personal world of it and it would remain that.. mine.. and personal. I watched the kids play kaiila tag now and then as each took to saddle rather than riding the wagon benches. We had run a tow line between the wagons and with Raz at the front.. the other teams just followed. The kids made me laugh.. shake my head and just down right see how much of an influence Ive had on them. They were inventive.. intutitive and sometimes they were down right mean !! Good for me.. heh. About Mid-day when we were just to stop for some lunch.. Flip came riding back over a small hill.. he was pointing and shouting.. "wagon ahead !! wagon ahead" My wagon's stopped and the children stayed close beside while Jax and I headed closer for a look. I had to cup my hands around my eyes to block out the rays of the central fire high in the Sky.. but as my vision adjusted ... a smile grew. I wanted to kick Thumper into a gallop but.. still the plains were deadly and I could not be sure it was the person I wanted in that wagon... it could be... a trap. There were no instructions needed to Flip n Flop... everything had been discussed prior to Jax.. Raz and myself approaching the colorfully marked wagon. If anything happened.. they would leave and return with the children. Period. End of story.
No sign of life at the pretty wagon as we approached. Myself with a small lance drawn and my Men with their's in hand. I called out as we stopped several paces from the wagon... " Who would paint their wagon the color of a bosk's ass??? " Yes.. my smile grew.. and then I heard the small voice.. frail and quivering from somewhere inside the covering... "Who would look at a bosk's ass long enough to know it's color??" And then She appeared. Her head poking out from the wagon flap and out came Her aged and weather body with it. Jax immediately went to help Her and I could not slide from the saddle fast enough. I ran to the old Womanand took Her in an embrace that made Her grimace. "Easy child.. my bones are old" She whispered to me and stroked my hair. I had to guide down to my knees so She could get a better look at me. "Silken... ohh Silken... still beautiful. It's been so long my child" She smiled a crooked grin. I looked to Her with tears in my eyes... Her once flamming red hair.. a trademark among the Females in my family.. had faded to a shinning silver... but ohhhh She was still beautiful. "Nahir... Ive... missed you..." I said with all the emotion my heart could gather I leaned into Her bosom and was held in Her embrace for a long time. Nahir was a secret I held onto for a long time. She is my Mother's Sister.. My Aunt.. and a Woman that silently and secretly helped to train me for things that I do not ever speak of to anyone. Things that only Women have to deal with.. and lifestyles that most Women refuse to admit is part of our life. The Woman helped raise me.. She was the one that I went to in times of trouble and confusion.. and Her scroll sent hands ago that finally reached me.. was simply.. welcomed and needed at a time in my life where there was no hope.
Jax sent two flaming arrows in the air.. one North and one South.. and soon.. my wagons crested the small knoll. We spent a few Ahn's securing the wagons.. the site.. and the bosk. Nahir sat near a small fire and greeting the children... making them promise when night fell that we would all gather and reintroduce ourselves. The children agreed and off they went to play for the day. Nahir pulled me by my wrist to kneel beside Her. " Silken... tell me. Tell me everything child.. everything that's happened.. and tell me.. what's wrong. I can see it in your heart."
I looked to Her breifly then back to the ground. I could hold nothing back from this Woman.. I never could.... She saw all my secrets and She saw my heart.
And it was racing to just unload everything.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment