I woke up from a disturbing dream that had been haunting me for several days. Sweat dotted my forehead and I pushed back my hair that clung to my face. Pulling the furs around me.. my quiet moment was ruptured fast when into my wagon barrelled twin arrows. Tackling me back to the floor and I was covered in kisses. Mia and Sonny were squirming all over... happy as Urts in mud. It was their birthday. They searched me all over for the little trinket I always gave them on their day. And I laughed... setting them aside and rising to dress and braid my hair... I took much longer than normal to feed their anticipation. Once done.. I returned to them with two boxes... handing one to Mia and one to Sonny. Sonny.. the ever impatient one.. tore into the box and just squeeled when He saw the contents.
Polished rocks.. different colors and sizes. Sonny had shown an interest in weaponry.. and liked to find rocks that He could decorate the hilts of daggers and swords with. Though he had wished He could find colored one's to make the handles more... sparklie. Cute kid. He was thrilled.. and couldnt wait to rush off to find Seth and Wily. Bursting with idea's already... I got a hug and kisses and off He went running. Made me laugh... yes indeedy. Mia was more gentle with Her box.. taking care to open it with soft fingers. Her little eyes opened wide when She saw the contents.
Lollipops. Mia has always been the child to share Her wealth. Now the girl loved lolli's.. this was a common enough known thing. But I had made Her dozens upon dozens so She could pass them out to whomever She wanted. She too hopped up and squeezed my neck and slathered me with kisses.. and ZIP.. She was gone. I could hear Her as She passed by people outside.. "Good Morning.. Its my Birthday.. have a lolli ! "
And so my day had begun. On a good note.. no less. I had patients to see.. wounds to check... but I commissioned tanya to bake some special treats for tonights dinner when the whole clan was present. I told tanya to invite Seth... it would be nice to have Him for dinner with my whole tribe.
After all... it would be His little tribe soon....
.... wouldnt it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment