Saturday, October 4, 2008

Page 352 (5/31/2008) The promise keeper

The sounds of my children gasping and carrying on woke me early this morning. I rose from the furs.. angry... pissed off and ready to beat bottoms. I hadnt slept more than an Ahn each time I tried so when I stepped out and began yelling that the beatings would now begin... I was met with smiling faces.. fingers that pointed and small bodies that bounced up and down. A dark red brow lifted and I followed the pointed direction down to the platform and against the back wall. There.. piled high and in abundance were many wrapped packages. A few had been opened and revealed meats. All kinds.. to game and bird.. and berries and breads. Talia and Starr were already taking the hunks of meat to be tended and stored in the supply wagon. Mia and Sonny took the breads and berries. This left behind Wily.. who.. looked like a young Man with a hand in the cookie barrel. He waited for all to leave and stepped up to me. Slowly a hand emerged from behind His back.. producing a scroll and I took it with a nod. I tucked the parchment in my vest... I didnt want to alarm the children... not yet. Wily frowned and looked to me... "Aintcha gonna read who this is all from Momma?" He asked... Skies.. He was now sounding like Jerus. "Nahhhh... I know who it's from, WilyMan " I said. " Do you now Woman. I wager three bosk... it aint from Seth " That little red head smirked and tilted His head at His statement. I had to look down at Him and now both brows lifted. "How could you possibly know that Wily?" I asked and then crouched down to His level. He said... " Seth would not leave it on the platform... He would have had it sorted and stored already. " Wily leaned in closer and whispered... " I know He hasnt been around " I was taken back by this and at a loss for words. Wily stood up.. straightened His belt and turned to head off... He called back... " I will pick out my three bosk later today.. I love you Momma " and He was gone. I remembered then to breath and inhailed deeply. The scroll was removed.. uncurled and upon it were the simple words... "because I promised to watch over you" And He was.... He had. I went inside the wagon and quickly wrapped a jar of leather oil I had made a few days prior. A note was penned... No.. it did not say thank you.. because He had told me never to thank Him for caring about me. But it simply read... " just because " This small bundle was handed over to tanya with instructions of where to take it. " To Shi's main wagon girl... leave it on the platform " tanya nodded and I returned inside. I had more thinking to do... plans needed to be changed. I knew now... who would be the one to help in my course of action. Now.. for the details.
No stone left unturned... not this time.

No comments: