Friday, October 3, 2008

Page 336 (4/13/2008) A tiskit.. a tasket...

A basket was left on the steps of Seth's wagon. When I emerged in the early morning to ready the teams for the trail.. it was there. I looked around to see if someone had left it.. but found no one around. There was a yellow ribbon tied to it. Crouching down.. I untied it and open the basket. Inside I found eggs and tea's. Taking the contents to the fire pit.. I made Seth and the kids some eggs... but tucked the tea's away for later. The ribbon... I left tied to the basket and set it on the platform.. while trying to figure out just who had sent it. Wily was the first done with breakfast and was up and running to ready His wagon. I called Him back and just knelt down to hug Him. He squirmed and protested but I hung on. Finally my little guy relented and hugged me back. When I released Him.. I smoothed out His rambling hair from His eyes and then straightened out His tunic. As I did.. I noticed something tucked in His pocket. A small stitch of yellow.. and I grabbed it and pulled it from Him. He tried to grab it back.. hollerin.. "Gimmie.. gimmie ! That's mine !" I looked at the yellow ribbon that matched the one on the basket and frowned. I questioned Wily.. why He stole the ribbon from my basket. And He told me He didnt steal anything.. that this was one of Nette's ribbons that He took when He left Her wagon. Turning to Seth's wagon.. I saw the basket still there.. with ribbon tied to the outside. I appologized to Wily and gave Him His back. I knew now where the basket had come from and it made me smile. It was thoughtful of Leonette to send a gift. Grabbing tanya.. I asked her to make it to Nete's wagons today and thank Her for me. The trail left little time for chatting except at night. And night for me.. with seven kids and a new Mate to feed.. left nothing after that.
The trail has been tedious for me. I want to spend time with Seth... but it just isnt possible. He is out scouting and hunting and keeping the bosk from roaming.. while I am tending the wagons.. the kids... and the medical issues that arise. I hope when we get South that we will have the time to spend together and enjoy the Mating. I know He has been around... I fall asleep at the fire almost every night.. yet wake in His furs... our.. furs. My hair is unbraided and brushed.. and my clothes lie beside me. Its those little things.. reminding me that He is around that mean alot.
Wily had His wagon ready to go.. and I sent Him to Cana's wagon to spend time with Tug and help Cana out in anyway He could. tanya would drive His wagon today.. hopefully give Cana some rest. Wily said He was gonna drive Cana South... I added.. and crazy. He gave me those.. Oh Momma.. eyes and I laughed. Climbing up to the bench.. I held the reins for the team in my hands and waited for the line to begin to move. Again... I fell asleep and woke to a jerk of the team as they started to follow the wagons before us. I dony understand why I am so tired lately. I know Ive been overdoing alot.. but who isnt during the move. I know Im more relaxed... more secure. I have extra eyes and hands to help watch and tend the younger kids. I shouldnt be... this tired.
But I am.

No comments: