Friday, October 3, 2008

Page 325 (3/27/2008) A favor please?

I worry. Just as any one Female does. I just hide it differently. Now that every nail on my fingers has been chewed off... and a small dirt circle had been paced while Seth changed out the wheels... I went to thinking. Something... was... not.. right. This was not a Spex feeling.. this was not a vision.. this was a... Silken feeling. Ive been making this move longer than most of these Tuchuks here today. The exceptions being Kam and Shi. But they are Men... not Women. They have different "not right" radar. And my radar was bleeping.. whooping and ringing loud and strong in my ears. Seeing Tarra among Her clan wagons yesterday... only confirmed to me that the plains were screaming something. Something... but what...? Those answers.. I could not see... I only knew in my gut... not to move. Not now... not yet. Always... it had been a feeling ... ready the wagons.. secure the bosk... etc. This time.. I didnt feel the pull South. I didnt feel the winds at our back... gently guiding us to warmer locations. No... something was coming... something was.. already here. I had the strangest pull that it was here for me... or Tarra... or.. maybe both of us. I had to speak to Her. That was when Seth rounded the wagon and said it would be morning soon.. and we would pull out to join the other's. I kept a calm facade.. and I nodded.. giving Him a smile. He went to sleep.. I... went to work. As quietly as I could.. I loosened the axle on the Nightmare.. this took most of the night as it was heavy and I was just a Woman.. ::Scoffs:: But as light painted the horizon.. I hurried back to His steps and sat. It took only a few moments and He was up. We readied to move out... I hopped to the bench of the wagon and took the reins.. snapping them along the bosk team.. the wagon lurched forward and then *SNAP*... off came the axle and the wagon listed severely to one side. I tumbled from the bench to the ground.. muttering and cussin. Seth ran from His wagon to collect me. And though I was unharmed... I played up a sore shoulder and wrist... craddling my arm within the opposite. Looking to the Nightmare.. then Seth... I asked... " How long till we can fix it?? " Seth growled and I could see He wanted to turn the Nightmare into firewood. Ohh how I wanted to snicker. " Another day.... " He said. " Ohhhh.... ok... " I nodded. " I need to rest my arm... a day... maybe two. " A small smile as I said that. Seth went to work... I offered to help and got a few growls and grunts and backed away.... I smiled.. really smiled. Yes... I would tell Him someday that I did it... and the reasons why. But right now.. I had no solid proof... only a gut instinct. Men dont listen to a Woman's gut instinct. I was quickly regretting sending my children ahead. I wanted them with me. But.. whatever was here... whatever was waiting.. hiding.. lurking behind with us... I didnt want it to go after the other's. Tarra and I were strong... She was strong in heart and spirit.. I was strong in mind and soul. Together.. we make a reputable force. I had to see Her. I had to see Her NOW!
Bright morning light painted the plains and I walked to Seth... I needed a special herb from Tarra. I promised to be right back. Against His better judgement.. He let me go and did command me "right back" or He would stop working.. walk to Tarra's wagons and collect me Himself.. which.. He promised would not be nice. I agreed and headed off towards Tarra's wagons. I was running. Fast... and hard. Bounding the steps to Her wagon... I knocked on the frame... I called out... sounding paniced...
" Tarra??? Tarra.... I need to speak to you....... It's coming..... "

No comments: