Friday, October 3, 2008

Page 334 (4/8/2008) Barrel of fun

I slept. Harder and deeper than I had in so long I cant remember. It was a simple thing.. Seth's arms around me... His lips against my forehead. His breathing kept me calm. It wasnt quiet though most would say they need silence to sleep. Even a body at rest makes a noise... its a low tone... a hum... maybe even the sound of blood coursing through veins. Its not easily described.. but its there. Ive heard how some are unable to sleep at first once they are mated.. because of the disruption of patterns. For me.. it is welcome and it is great. I woke early in the morning when Seth did. I felt cold the moment He got up and dressed. I didnt open my eyes.. but how I wanted to just reach out.. pull Him back or at least whine alittle for Him to stay. I just pretended to sleep. As soon as He left the wagon.. I dressed and headed outside in the darkness. Those barrel's were going to get finished. Not by dawn as Kam requested.. but they would get done. At first.. I was angry that Seth had tanya do some.. but I could not argue with His decision. So I sent the girl to sleep and I took up the brush and started on the rest. tanya had done close to half of the barrels.. and I just picked up where she left off. I travelled to each wagon and cleaned them up all sparklie. Once daybreak stretched the land.. the people began the moving of the wagons. I kept up as best I could... cleaning a barrel.. running to catch up with it's rightful owner.. then starting on the next. By lunch.. I was exhausted. Still.. I kept my word and scrubbed till my fingers were sore. Some said that I did not need to do their barrels.. but I insisted and when pushed.. even mentioned that Kamchak ordered it. That alone had them give in.
By nightfall.. every barrel of the first wagons had been cleaned. Jax gave me a welcome ride back to my wagons. The kids had a meal waiting but I was too tired to eat. I sat near the fire.. listening to the stories of the day and fighting my eyelids to stay open. I wanted to stay awake till Seth got home from patrol. I wanted to be there.. smiling and greet Him from His long day. But... while rubbing my hands and fingers... I simply fell asleep right there... on the ground.. sitting up near the fire. Im not sure how I wound up back in His furs.. but I stirred to consciouness when He slid in behind me and wrapped me up once again in His arms. I must have made a sound or said something.. because He hushed me and then whispered softly against my ear. He made me smile and the last thing I remember was taking a deep breath and sighing in contentment. The dreams would come again and this thought made me tense. I had Seth now to help me make sense of them. Still.. I worried of their return.
But not tonight.. once again.. tonight... I would sleep peacefully.

No comments: