My first full day back was filled with catching up with the kids and searching out Seth. I found tanya and told her to hurry off to find Him and tell Him that I needed Him to come by the Nightmare before returning home for the night. My trip to the region near Turia had been more than successful on many levels. I had spoken to my friend... I had picked up the needed supplies that were crucial to Seth's recovery and I had also picked up the item for Fonce.
I spent the rest of the day preparing the injections Seth needed for the infection in His hand. The burn had damaged the tissue more than I could battle with the herbs on the plains.. everything in my supply had been exhausted in attempts to heal His hand.. and I needed a more powerful solution plus... I needed more supplies to restock for the Tribe.
Seth showed up and I looked over His hand. It was turning colors and still giving Him pain. I told Him how I met up with Jort at the Outpost.. and retrieved the supplies that were needed. I was lucky to co-ordinate the meeting there as Jort was to go out on a long patrol the next day. I could not wait four hands to make the trip when He returned... Seth's hand was bad. Jort sent His wishes to everyone and we parted with me feeling good that this cure would work. Seth and I talked for alittle.. trying to keep His mind off the needles that were to come. So while He was asking about Jort.. I took the needles and started the treatment. The antibiotic solution was injected and He was none too happy Im sure at how it felt. I sent Him to rest. This time I am almost positive that His hand will take to the treatment. His hands are crucial to His work.. I was taking no chances with this.
Once Seth left.. I retired to my wagon to get the item for Fonce. I made sure it was clean and presentable and then I wrapped it up nice in a box. A smaller box that I had already prepared was left to rest on the other and I would seek Him out the next chance I had to give Him the items.
Laying back in my furs.. a satisfied nod given as everything was getting back to place. I would need one more trip.. one more trade route before we started the move again. I had an idea for a gift... and I knew just who from and where to go to get it.
This would be another good surprise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment