Friday, October 3, 2008

Page 323 (3/25/2008) Ready or not

Errrr... Im not. Ready that is. I thought I would be. I tried to be. I hit one of those walls that said.. Oh Tal Silken.. sit and stay awhile. I havent seen Seth in days... Im sure it's because He is working hard to help get the wagons ready.. mending and fixing so on and so forth. I was also in opposite directions... getting the elders ready to move... making sure the aged and sick or wounded were cared for and had what they needed to start out. I'd been running day and night with medicines and bandages hoping everyone would be set. Seems for the most part they are... except me. That makes me chuckle. But.. I can whip things together quick.. I hope. Dakota had all the teams ready and with Jax's help lined them up. Mia and Sonny would be learning to drive the team this year.. Enu would be riding with them. The other's... Wily.. Starr.. Talia... each had their own wagon and would be in control of them. I was thankfull to not have to worry about the kids this move. There was so much more on my mind. I had Thumper and Beta tied to the Nightmare. That would be the wagon I would run this trip. Damn... Im still not ready and that blasted pink eyesore is just frozen solid in the ground. I'll need to chip the hardened ground away this morning and hopefully catch the tail end of the line later. I wont leave it... it has too much inside that is needed. I checked on everyone.. Tarra and Garyx and their kids.. Falon... Cana, Tug and Rook.. Kam, Chay and the children... Bo.. Dashie... Fonce and T'Zuri... Nette.. all the way down the rows. Some knew I was there.. other's.. I made it a silent visit.
I took a moment to look out on the plains as the central fire rose in the Sky. Bittersweet. Didnt want to leave.. had to get out. Anxious for green grass.. crystal blue Sky.. warm winds. Impatient to shed the weighty clothing and embrace the lands of the South. But Im not looking forward to what is there waiting for me... my demons. The last of the nightmares that have haunted me and it's time for them to go. I dont know who my guide will be once I reach that place.... I almost dont want to think about it. Right now... I dont have time too. I have wheels to uncover. I took a shovel and started to chip at the frozen earth around the wheels... grumbling and cussin under my breath.
Where the hell is Seth and Shi

No comments: